13: Underground

Everything inside the room was dark, but thanks to the open window, Renjun still can adjust his visions in darkness.

Even though it was a cold night, he doesn’t feel cold at all, in fact, he was burning— with a naked body of him as well as Jaehyun— nothing beats a body that’s creating a fire.

“Baby…” Jaehyun’s voice was hoarse, probably because he was tired and the fact that they did a wild ride.

“Hhmm?” Renjun hums as he hug him closer, Jaehyun let Renjun used his biceps as his pillow— just like what they used to do.

Renjun was waiting for him but seems like he was pondering, he could also feel his heartbeats, as peaceful as the waves. Renjun lift up his head even though he can’t clearly see his face, he could feel Jaehyun’s warm breath over his forehead.

“What?” Renjun asked impatient which made Jaehyun giggled.

“I’ve so many things to say,” he cleared his throat as it was hoarse, “But I always wanted to tell you that, I love you…” Renjun suddenly was out of words, as well as he can feel something on his throat forming a lump, making him hard to open his mouth to even speak.

“Did you ever regret choosing me?” Jaehyun asked full of courage even though he’s not sure what Renjun feels about him anymore, but again, he maybe deserves those pain— Renjun wasn’t his, in the first place after all. So, even if he’ll hurt to death, he’ll accept whatever Renjun may have to say.

“Jae…” Renjun whispered, he doesn’t want to talk about it but he also doesn’t want to ignore him.

“Don’t answer please,” Jaehyun cut him too soon before Renjun could speak more. “Let’s talk about it once everything was fine,” He said, calmer this time.

“Let’s go to the beach, have wines, what about a little vacation?" he said almost as excited as a kid. "We'll go surf all day, enjoy the sun rays at my yacht and we’ll sort everything out hhmmm?” Jaehyun hummed then hug him closer and give him a kiss on his forehead.

“I love you ‘til the last wave and ‘til the world stops.” Jaehyun said giggling, he’s not really used to say those cringey words out loud, but he mean it and so much more for Renjun.

As the morning comes, Renjun woke up alone on his bed, although he wasn’t surprised at all— he understands that Jaehyun was still busy and probably got an emergency meeting or something like that, especially what had happened yesterday, that probably even adds fire to oust Jaehyun as CEO even more.

“Sungchan?” Renjun asked in confusion when he saw Jaehyun’s brother at the kitchen.

“You’re here?” he asked then finally went to the counter.

“To accompany you,” he said in a matter of fact. “I already cooked breakfast by the way.” he said proudly.

“Your brother?” Renjun watch Sungchan do the service as he put a plate in front of him.

“He went somewhere I don’t know and told me to be your personal guard.” he smiled cheekily.

“You don’t have class?”

“I don’t.” he replied even before Renjun could finish his sentence.

“About the bomb threat yesterday, can we talk about it seriously?” Renjun stares at him, he didn’t knew, Sungchan can be as intimidating as his brother— he concluded that it probably runs in their blood.

Sungchan sat beside him but with still empty stool in between them.

“I think my brother was tailing the man behind all of it and it does makes me nervous.” Renjun just stares at his food, lowkey dismissing Sungchan's out-forward demeanor as it's not really like him.