09: Valentine

Renjun woke up really early— that seriously became his routine every morning.

Ever since that night when Jaehyun slept with him, they didn't talk that much nor interacts even inside the company, but they don't worry that much, or maybe that's just how Renjun felt. They still don't have closure what had happened that night when Renjun asked for break up, or maybe both them kinda laid back since everything between them already flattened out and maybe they just don't want to talk about it anymore.

"Who the hell cut hearts like this??" Haechan picked up the red paper and judge its whole existence. The supposed-heart-shape was rounded and not only that, the sides are not even equal which makes Haechan questions a lot since you only have to fold it on half to make the both side equals.

No one's paying attention to him as everyone busy doing their thing so he just shrugged it off and shove the poor paper away.

"Mark, stop putting too much glue on it!" Renjun whispered and grab the glue on his hand and demonstrate him the proper way.

"Applying thin layer of it was more effective," Renjun said like a mom, patiently teaching her kid, Mark just watch him do the job like a kindergarten.

"No more red papers?" Rina asked like a leader who mandates everyone.

Renjun and Mark exchange glance and silently laugh on their own. Rina was talking to one of the team saying they run out of red papers so they just decided to go for white.

"I never knew you're suck at cutting shapes, you almost wasted the papers trying to study on how to make a perfect heart." Renjun whispered even though it's just the two of them on the area.

"It's getting better!" Mark laugh as he put the paper heart in front of them.

Jaemin sat down beside Renjun and help them, he was cutting the white paper into heart one in a fast speed— making the two guy looked at him, Mark was kinda triggered at how fast he is, he feels like he's no better than him.

Jaemin kinda got used to their President's presence especially when they're hanging out together and Mark happened to be at the same place with them— or maybe Haechan was right, that he's a psycho that stalks people around. He still couldn't believe that Renjun knows him and seems like they've known each other since birth.

Everyone gathered and formed a line, wearing all their birthday hats and some trumpet toys— the one that rolls out when you blow it, creating those unpleasant noise.

Everyone was chatting around and just patiently waits for the call, Rina and some of them were holding a confetti.

"What if he won't come?" Renjun whispered— he almost forgot that they are inside the company, he just can't control his emotions at times.

Mark just look at him— it suddenly hits him with that question since he haven't talk to him, he just gave Renjun a smile and sympathetic look.

As everyone busy chatting around, they didn't noticed their CEO already inside and were looking at them kinda confused. There's a short silence in between, Renjun was hoping that Jaehyun would look at him since his eyes were busy scanning the whole corner of the massive office, but he didn't.

Renjun jump in tiny and forgot to protect his ears when the confetti burst like a bomb and everyone joined forces to greet their CEO. Renjun really hates loud pop sounds, he even cursed as he covered his ears, too little too late.

"Happy Birthday and happy Valentine's Day~" Rina was holding a cake with both her hands as he approached him with those pretty smile— it was genuine as Renjun can tell.