18: War

“Have you heard the news?” Rina asked after she placed the coffee on his table.

Jaehyun took off his eyeglass and harshly put them down on the table as he crack his knuckles— waiting for his manager to get to the point, looking so impatient as bit his cheek inside while pressing his lips slightly outward.

“Your uncle acquired the biggest share to my father, making him part of the decision making, planning and such.”

Jaehyun smirked as he leaned closer, messaging his chin as he run his tongue on his dry lower lip— that was sexually suggestive to be honest, Rina admits.

“So they really built alliance after all,” he whispered, smiling with the thoughts running inside his head, still massaging his chin in the process.

“There’s no way we could get my father to invest on your company, now that it is more stable— all thanks to your uncle…” Rina said straight, she’s a manager for a reason.

“You could only get him if you could invest bigger than your uncle,” she added in a desperate-suggesting manner. “That’s the only way I could see to get him.” her eyes was dull, but enough to convince him.

Jaehyun laugh as he plays the coffee by stirring the spoon with no stable direction. It took him some seconds before he stopped laughing and shoot her a glance.

“I wasn’t after your father, you forgot that part.” his voice was breathy and sexually attractive for some reason, the smug on his face was something offensive, a very demonic smile.

“That’s what my father wants.” she said like a fighter jet zooming through the sky. “Of course, it’s always up to you. Excuse me, sir.” she bowed her head before she left the office.

Crossing his legs as he rest both his elbows on the handrest, aligning his fingertips as he fell deeper into his thoughts. He have no time to chill like that, he felt like he's left behind and needed to catch— or better yet,  surpass everything that could go against his way.

He stand up, hurrying to get his coat that's sitting on the sofa and put it on as he zoom out the office, greeting no one as he buttoned the wrist of his coat.

He had to make desicions even if it's against his will.

*****

“Have you noticed the sudden drop our CEO's weight? Like he look less of a skin,” Jana whispered that Haechan immediately agreed on.

They started murmuring as they saw their CEO storming out his office like he's catching something on the run.

“I thought I'm the only one who noticed it, but yeah, well probably because he travels a lot outside the country— too often that it affect his schedules of eating and sleeping?” there's a sympathy on Haechan's voice as if their subject were terribly sick.

“Managing the company, making runs from here to there, business trips and such... I honestly feel bad for him, he look so tired...”

They talk more about their CEO, hearing their comments actually made Renjun feel terrible of a husband— how he couldn't ask Jaehyun if he was eating or resting enough, if he's fine or what.

Feeling so selfish for dealing with his own problems and don't even have time for his husband or if there's still a way they could talk about their relationship then eventually get back to what they used to be. He's sure they never broke up nor had into another fight causing them for split, byt why does he felt like he has gotten into divorced? It feels like they can't reach each other and there's no way they could come in between to help their relationship.