iii

𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘!

𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗪. last night peter made the mistake of forgetting that ned was coming over and ned had found out that peter was spider-man.

so now, at school ned would not stop asking him questions and peter was scared someone would hear.

"can you spit venom?" ned whispers during science.

"no."

"can you summon an army of spiders?"

"no, ned."

"how far can you shoot your webs?"

"it's unknown. shut up."

"if i was you, i'd stand on the edge of a building and just shoot it as far as i could."

"shut up, ned."

during gym, peters class had to watch a fitness video with captain america.

"hi, i'm captain america. whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield..."

"do you know him too?" ned asks.

"yeah, we met," peter responds, "i stole his shield."

ned turns, absolutely astonished, "what?"

"shut up," aristyn turns around from her seat in front of them before rolling her eyes and turning back forward.

"your gym teacher," captain america speaks as the teacher waves, "will conduct the captain america fitness challenge."

"thank you, captain. pretty sure this guy is a war criminal now, but i have to show these videos, it's required by the state. let's do it," the teacher blows his whistle when he's done.

gym used to be hard for peter, but after being bit by the spider, it all came easy to him.

as peter was doing sit-ups, ned, who was holding his feet asks: "do the avengers have to pay taxes? what does hulk smell like? i bet he smells nice."

"you have to shut up, someone's gonna hear you. the female thompson almost did earlier."

"is captain america cool?" ned continues, "or is he like a mean, old grandpa?"

"ned, just shh, okay?"

"hey, can i be your guy in the chair?"

"what?"

"yeah," ned rolls his eyes as though it's obvious, "you know how there's a guy with a headset telling the other guy where to go. like, like if you're in a burning building i could tell you where to go because there'd be screens all around me and i could swivel around. i could be your guy in the chair," ned concludes.

"ned, i don't need a guy in the chair," peter rejects.

"looking good, parker," the gym teacher says while walking by. "looking good thompson," aristyn smiles.

"thanks," flash shouts from his rope.

"yeah, i wasn't talking about you."