xvi

𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡!

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬.

"it looked so insane," ned was rambling to peter. "that whole- like- it was just crazy. he was just like pew pew and you like 'ahh!'."

peter shushes him.

"and then i just him with the 'whoosh'," ned continues recounting. "it was just so- oh, my god."

"i mean, you saved me."

"it was awesome."

just like clockwork, peter looks up to see liz. it's much like it was the first time, all other noises get drowned out. but there's something different.

the immense amount of guilt that peter feels could possibly be what's different.

cindy rushed to give liz a hug. liz, who looks like she has been crying, hugs back with equal ferocity.

"hey, liz," peter says as he makes his way over there.

"i'm gonna miss you," cindy sniffles when they pull out of the hug.

"bye," liz responds just as tearfully.

"liz," peter calls out again. this time she stops and stands in front of the trophy case. "listen i'm so sorry."

liz sniffles again, "you say that a lot. what are you sorry for this time?"

ouch, peter thinks, i mean she's not wrong but still, ouch.

she raises an eyebrow, "the dance? that um, that was a pretty shitty thing to do."

"well yeah, but i- i mean your dad, i can't imagine what you're going through. so if there's anything i can do to help..." he trails off.

"i guess we're moving to oregon," liz shrugs, tears still in her eyes making them glassy. "mom says it's nice there, so that's cool." she has to blink tears away in order to continue. not once does she make eye contact with peter. "anyways, dad doesn't wad us her during the trial, so."

"liz, i- i-"

this time she finally does look him in the eyes, "bye, peter. whatever's going on with you, i hope you figure it out."

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗬𝗡 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪𝗦 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗗. maddie and cece aren't talking and whenever she is with one of them, the other will avoid her like the plague too.

honestly, aristyn is afraid to ask what happened. she doesn't want to take sides either- all she wants is for them to go back to normal. the entire school day was like this. aristyn had to go back and forth between them.

"what happened with you and cece?" aristyn asks maddie in fifth period.

maddie sighs, "we- we got into an argument."

"yeah, i've gathered that much."

rolling her eyes fondly, maddie responds, "it started small, then it escalated. she called me ignorant, i called her jealous and selfish. but you know her, she won't apologize and i'm tired of always being the one to."

aristyn nods. she takes a moment to speak before saying, "yeah, i think she'll come around. you two always find your way together."

"yeah, i hope so."

𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗔 𝗛𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗘𝗡 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗. to start, her best friend, liz allen, is moving away to the other side of the country. next, her little sophomores are arguing.

little sophomore number one comes grumbling over to her at lunch asking for advice on how to get cece and maddie to make up.

little sophomore number two comes grumbling over to her in the hall asking for advice on whether or not to apologize herself or wait for cece to do it.

but little sophomore number three came grumbling over to her with a different inquiry.

"ang, i have a question- well i have multiple, actually," cecelia asks. for someone so confident and outspoken, she's asking this quietly and her shoulders are hunched into herself, as if she's trying to make herself smaller.

"okay, what is it?" it's not difficult for angel to pick up on the fact that cece is not okay and whatever happened really hurt her.

"okay well," she fiddles with her fingers for a moment before forcefully making herself stop. cece closes her eyes and mumbles very quietly. "how did you know you liked girls?"

the question is almost a whisper and angelica has to strain her ears a bit to properly hear.

she takes a second to formulate her answer, "well, i- i knew that personally, i never really thought guys were that attractive. of course they were good-looking, but never attractive," angie pauses. "i guess for me it was one person i clicked with and immediately knew, it's them i like, and they were a girl."

angelica can see the gears turning in cece's brain.

it would be no surprise to anyone in the team if cecelia liked maddie. everyone could see it (except maddie, of course).

"okay, thank you." cece replies after a moments pause. "i have one more question, how do i apologize?"

angelica smiles softly, they both understood what her asking that question meant then following up by talking about maddie.

cecelia liked maddie.

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!
wow! last chapter of homecoming i cant believe it!!

angie >>>

it's kinda a short one so sorry about that but there will be more things to come i promise.

next is the epilogue for act one (which will act as a post-credit scene) then we move on to act two!!!

after the epilogue i will be taking a few weeks as a break before releasing any chapters of act two, i will have the same posting schedule once i start again.

also- face claim for angelica: helena howard

hope you enjoyed 'style: act one'!!