x

𝗧𝗘𝗡!

𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗘 𝗝𝗨𝗠𝗣𝗦. he jumps up and over the police helicopter. then, he shoots a web to a foot rail and swings back around, heading straight towards the window.

finally, he crashes through right as the elevator is dropping. acting on instinct, he runs over and shoots a web, catching the elevator. peters plan partly fails however, and he has to use his legs to hold the elevator up.

"i did it!" peter announces. then irony decides to appear and peter loses his grip if the doors and begins to slide with the elevator.

he bounces back and forth on the walls.

this is definitely gonna give me a headache, peter thinks.

eventually, the elevator stops itself and peter crashes inside. his force causes the elevator to start dropping again. frantically, peter shoots a web to the top. jumping on the roof of the elevator, he is able to stop it once more.

"hey- hey, how you doing?" peter asks awkwardly in a fake new yorkian accent. "don't worry 'bout it, i got you."

"yes! yes," ned cheers.

"hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around."

"sorry, sir! so sorry."

mustering all the strength he has, peter slowly grabs up higher on his web, pulling the elevator up the shaft.

"all right, this is your stop. go, go, go. everybody out. move it, people," peter rushes. "move it people, move it."

everybody manages to get out, except liz. peter is still holding on to his original web and he reaches for her hand, but misses.

being in this moment, watching the girl he likes fall to what could be her death, struck a feeling of deja vu in peter. but how? he has never been in this moment before.

brushing off this feeling quickly, peter shoots a web and managed to catch hold of liz's hand. the elevator continues falling.

"you're okay," peter reassures the frightened girl. "you're okay." they grab hands and peters pulls her up to the landing.

"so is everyone okay?" liz nods, shakily.

"this is your chance, peter," karen says in his ear. "kiss her."

but as if peter couldn't have any worse luck, his web that had been holding him up the entire time decided then would be the best time to break. he was caught of guard and fall down the entire elevator shaft.

"𝗜 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗜𝗧, 𝗜 𝗚𝗢𝗧 𝗜𝗧," aristyn calls out to her team. the pass goes up good, but not good enough. it's the fourth set of their game against st. mary's with midtown winning two and st. mary's winning one. they just had to win this last set.

as cecelia sets, aristyn risks a glance at the score table. they are down two with the score being 18-16.

she focused back on the game to see ella tip the ball right over the block. the passer dives but misses and the point goes to midtown.

the team rotates and aristyn runs off the court, switching with lena so that angelica can serve.

"YOU GOT THIS ANGELICA!" she cheers. angelica serves and the other team just barely gets the ball up. it's a free ball over and aristyn watches juliet make a good pass to cece. she sets to lena in middle who hits and touches the block. the ball soars out of bounds with the ricochet off the blockers fingers and the point goes to midtown.

"YEAH!!" aristyn yells. angelica serves two more times, successfully putting them in the lead before aristyn goes back in for her.

the game continues until midtown wins in four sets. as the girls gather around and cheer, aristyn wishes she could take a video of this moment to capture it forever.

"okay, ladies!" coach shouts, "our next game isn't until tomorrow. we will be playing against either the west virginia holders or kansas holders, whoever wins their game. the game starts at 9 am and you better be there on time for warmups."

"yes, coach," the team choruses back.

the team splits and aristyn joins maddie and cece's side.

wiping sweat off her forehead she says, "you guys did good!"

"thank you! i know i could say the same for you," cece compliments.

yeah but i could have done better, she thinks but smiles nonetheless.

"i'm so happy that was our last game today, i love playing but i'm so tired," maddie comments.

aristyn nods in agreement and the trio make their way to their bags to take their gear off.

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗡𝗧, 𝗡𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗖 𝗧𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗣 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗗𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗦. they get off the bus and family rushes to meet them.

at school the next day, it's all the buzz.

"dude, dude, dude," ned approaches peter in the halls. "what is is like being famous when nobody knows it's you?"

"crazy, dude."

"it's crazy. should we tell everyone?"

peter looks at him as if he's grown three heads, "no."

"should i tell everyone?"

"no, dude. that's not a good idea."

"okay, come on, we'll be late to class," ned turns to leave.

"i'm not going to class," this causes ned to stop in his tracks and turn around.

"you're already in so much trouble for ditching the decathlon. and only one half of the thompson twins are here today so you'll only get half the annoyance."

"dude, listen i figured it out," peter replies, ignoring the last part of what ned said. "the wing suit guy is stealing from damage control and what he takes from damage control- well, that's how he builds the weapons, so all i gotta do is catch him."

ned pauses, "but we have a spanish quiz."

"ned, i'm probably never gonna come back here. mr. stark is moving the avengers upstate, so...when i being this guy in... i'll never have to see those thompson twins ever again. they'll be like ants under my feet."

"dude," ned shakes his head. "you want to be a high school dropout?"

"i am so far beyond high school right now," peter says confidently while beginning to walk backwards down the hall.

"parker, my office."

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!
hiiiiiii

important!! no chapter next week (7/7)! i'm going to be off on a trip and won't have the resources to write :(

hope you enjoyed!!!