Part 8 the old friends

None of this is Conan<3

She could.

Piper could avoid him forever.

And he did NOT like it but who could blame her?

Henry silently sighed and took a drink of his soda, looking at Piper as their mom finally re-introduced their friends that they were waiting for and also cleaned up for.

"Wow! I still can't believe it's been ages Kris!" A male voice said.

"I know Right!?" His Mom said excitedly.

"I still can't believe you guys are moving to Swell view!" Jake announced.

Which caused an eye roll or two.

"Yeah, well, we're still considering moving here, Our kids don't like the idea of moving so hopefully they'll change their minds, if not.. we'll have to go back to California." The man from before said.

"Yeah, so we really hope spending some time here will change their minds about moving." A lady said this time.

"...that's what I just said?" The man looked back at her.

"Yeah but mine was short and to the point, Bennet." The lady said as she looked back to him.

"This isn't fair! I don't wanna move!" A Girl with Ginger Hair said, she looked to be Piper's age, maybe a year.

The man looked down at his daughter, "well, I'm sorry Chloe but we might have too."

Which didn't seem to lighten the girl's mood.

Bennett looked back up to Kris and Jake.

"I'm so sorry it's been a long trip..."

"It's no problem at all! We're just glad you're here! Right family?" Mrs. Hart said as she directed the last part to her family.

"Right!"  Mr. Hart said with energy while Piper didn't say it with energy.

And Henry didn't say it at all because he was too busy focusing on Piper, he didn't listen to a word anybody said.

"Henry." His mom called out, he still didn't listen.

"Henry!" His dad called out to him this time, his focus on Piper slowly forgotten.

"Hmm?"

"Your mother asked you a question." Jake gestured to Kris.

"What's up?" Henry said as he looked up at his mom.

"Don't you agree that your happy that the James family is here?" She looks at him.

"Actually, it's James-Jennings." The Lady from earlier corrected his mom before he could even speak.

Kris looked back up at the other married couple.

"Oh! ..interesting!" She said with a smile.

Which made the other lady smile in return.

"Uh, yeah, welcome to Swell-view, I hope you guys enjoy your time here." Henry said, awkwardly.

"Well, thank you Flunky!" The Lady said.

"It's Henry.." He corrected her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you just look like a Flunky.."

"How about dinner?" Bennet said before things took a slight turn.

"Ooh, yeah! I've been working on a new recipe lately and I'd be so happy if you guys eat it with us!" Kris stated happily.

"Of course! Is that alright with you, Ellen?"

"Of course Bennet! Why wouldn't it be!"

Bennet smiled, "lovely!"

Bennet looked at his kids that were sitting on the couch.

"Tyler, Avery, Chloe?"

"Sure!"

Avery sighed, "why not."

"no!"

"We'll stay and eat." Bennet said back at Kris.

"Wonderful!" Mr. Hart announced.

"I'll get started on dinner!" Kris said as she stood up before going to the kitchen.

"Why don't I help you," Ellen asked, as she also stood up and followed Mrs. Hart into the kitchen as soon as she heard her agree that Ellen come help her.

Leaving it awkward for the others.

Well, except for the dads, who just got stood up and left shortly after both their wives left.

...

"So, does anyone like black-pink?"