Story One •Chapter 3• Angel + Malachi •1930• ~Angel's POV~

Previously on Angel's and Malachi's story,

"After we leave, we cant go back in. The doors lock." He says and lays his head on the hard wall.

I scuff and go to open the doors, but they were locked. Shoot..

I turn around and look at everyone walking. They looked scared, but happy. The Slump started last year. My family is still thriving cause we were extremely rich, no matter what. We will always thrive..

I felt so bad. This boy here looked to be... The same as any other person here, walking. But why would he be here at the Theater. Even though tickets are 0.25.

I sat back down. He looked over to me. "You look well off. More so then these people and I." He says out of nowhere.

I looked at him and he was looking at the people. Sympathy in his eyes..

I looked at them too. "Yeah.." I whisper and sigh.

"The movie was almost over." He says and I looked at him to see he was looking at me already. I'm not gay, but he made me feel some sort of way..

I nodded. "My name is Angel." He says and sticks his hand out.

"Malachi." I say and shake his hand.

"Isnt the Queens sons name Malachi?" He says questionably. Malachi wasnt a common name here in Wales.

I look away. I stood up when the doors opened. Amelia and my friends were the first to come out.

"It was nice talking to you Angel." I say and smile, he smiles too.

"It was nice talking to you too, Malachi." He says and I smile.

What I didnt know, is that we would see each other everyday after that. Especially on one of his worse days.

♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡■♡
All rights reserved  Ⓒ Copyright 2022 LeiahRoo/wattpad Ⓒ

Angel's POV

I set my diploma roll on my desk and sit on the chair. I sigh and look up at the ceiling. No more school, I'm an adult now.

I look at my diploma and I just felt relief. Relief because we'd have more money coming in, not much since this depression we are in is hurting almost everyone.

But we'd at least have money for some food.

There was a knock on my front door. I get up taking my cap and gown off.

"Hold on, hold on. I'm coming!!" I say cause they kept knocking and it sounded like my door was gonna break off.

I open the door to see one of my neighbors. He looked disheveled.

"Y-y-your... M-Mom.. Hit.." He tried to get out but he was out of breath. I touched his shoulders.

"Breath Mr Kennick. What's wrong with my mom." I say, a little panicked.

He takes a couple seconds and takes deep breaths.

"She was hit by a car. She's getting taken to the hospital right now. The one that's closest." He says and my eyes widened.

I pushed through him and ran down the street, yelling for my mother.

She wasnt here when I got home, so I was just thinking she went somewhere. She wasnt even at my graduation.