setdatrend - "behind my back."

requested by @jarnaeeanyrii

WARNING: this is not proof read!
———————————————————

" maybe it's the love, the drugs, the weed, the pussy. maybe it's all the above."

i whispered under my breath the lyrics to my favourite song, 'ADDICTIONS by Brent Faiyaz'
as i quietly made my way out of my bedroom, careful not to awake my brother, Kevin, that was fast asleep in the room next to mine.

taking my phone out of my pocket, i sent a text message to my sneaky link, setty, to let him know i was ready for him to come get me.
he replied back a few seconds later, telling me he was already parked outside of my building.

i leaned over the shoe rack, grabbing my pair of Dior Jordan 1's and slipping them onto my feet, quickly lacing them up.
i then took my TrapStar jacket off of the hanger in the entrance closet, putting it on and zipping it up before i exited my apartment.

i gently shut the door behind me, speeding down the hallway with my phone clutched in my hand.
i decided i would take the elevator down, since i had heard it was recently cleaned by my buildings custodians.

i pressed the down button, impatiently tapping my foot waiting for it to come to my floor.
once the doors open i stepped in, pressing the main floor button and the button that shut the doors quicker.

the elevator brought me down to the lobby fairly quickly and when the doors opened, i seen setty already in the lobby waiting on me.
he was looking down at his phone, leaning against the wall of mailboxes.
i smiled, making my way up to him.

he glanced up from his phone, a wide grin replacing his straight-faced expression as he watched me walk over.
he stuffed his phone in the pocket of his jeans, his eyes scanning me up and down, his tongue swiping over his bottom lip causing a blush to spread across my face.

"you look good, baby." he mumbled, grabbing me by my neck pulling me into a kiss.
"you always look good," he added, breaking apart the kiss to look into my eyes before quickly kissing me again.

i wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling into the kiss when i felt his arms wrap around my waist.
"okay, setty," i giggled, pulling my lips away from his. "let's go now, cmon."
he nodded, grabbing my hand interlocking my fingers with his.
we left my building toward his car parked in front outside.

i got into the passenger seat while he got in the drivers, pulling out his phone connecting it to the aux and putting on 'L.A by Brent Faiyaz'
"what you know 'bout brent?" i jokingly asked set, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion as this was his first time playing brent in the car.

he shrugged, cheesing mad hard. "this is yo playlist, ma." he told me, starting up the car.
"you got my playlist downloaded?"
"'course i do, listen to it all the time. love me some brent falon."

"set, who the fuck is brent falon?"

"the nigga playing right now."

i laughed loudly, shaking my head.
"baby, it's brent faiyaz." i corrected, laughing even harder when his eyes went wide and his jaw dropped.
"yeah, i knew that," he shrugged it off, pulling his car out of the parking spot. "just checking if you knew."