Chapter 2

For the night I decided to sleep in a tree overlooking the ocean. But I couldn't sleep. For starters, my friends could be in danger or possibly dead. My best friend, Tails, also known as my sidekick, has been for me for as long as I can remember. And then there is Knuckles. He is the aggressive one, especially when it comes to his girlfriend Rouge. He protects her like nobody's business, like treasures her like she does her jewels. Then Tails girlfriend Cream, who is cute and innocent, which is the total opposite of my brother Shadow, the emo, depressed one. But, the one who I miss the the most is Amy. I have always had a crush on her, even if she is a bit obsessed over me. I sound like a total idiot whenever I run away from her, but sometimes she can get a little crazy. Mainly though, if I'm around her, I make myself look like a wet cheese, awkward and sweaty. I look at the sunset and instead of that, I see her face. She smiles at me, and I grin back. The image fades away, when I here Chip calling me. I climb down the tree and walk over to him to see what his deal is.
"Dude it's starting to rain. We should go find a cave", he groans.
" Fine", I sigh, annoyed. I then hear a low groan.
" Uh, was that you", Chip asks.
" No. Lets go check it out", I say. We walk away, and it starts to pour.
" Chip, WHAT are you doing? We're not a marine team", I groan as he pretends to hold out a gun and signal the coast is clear. He ignores me, until we here the sound again. I pounce on the source of the sound, snarling. I look at it and I see Amy crying, covering her eyes