Chapter 3

"P- please don't hurt me", she whimpered, her face flushed and her crying. I scared her. I made her cry. My heart is broken, because she doesn't know who I am. I drew back, just to see if it really was her. Indeed it was, and Chip came up to her as if nothing ever happened.
" Ahem, sorry about that", I said to her, "I thought you were one of the robots".
" Yeah he may have overreacted", Chip said casually.
" Oh... I just- thought he was going to eat me", she said embarrassed, her eyes still producing tears.
" Eat you? What made you think that", I joked, but it just hung in the air, pretty awkward.
" Anyway, I'm Chip, and you are?", he said, trying to change the subject.
" Oh, I'm Amy Rose", she replied, looking kinda tense. She tried to stand up, but she collapsed and groaned, clutching her ankle.
" It must be broken. We should go find shelter", I said grimly. " I'll carry you ".
***
" Hey guys, I found a cave", hollered Chip, pointing to one through the rainy night. We raced to the cave and settled in. " Here, I'm gonna take of your shoe, to take a look at your ankle", I said. She winced a few times, but didn't say anything. I heard a loud grumbling sound, and looked at her. She blushed and mumbled," Sorry, I'll try to quit that".
" You must be hungry. Chip usually has something. Hey Chip, do you have anything to eat", I said. He stood hunched over, smacking at something. He turned around, and his face and hands were covered with chocolate. " Uh, want some chocolate", he said nervously. Amy just shook her head politely, and staredoutside. I cant believe I'm giving away my favorite and only food. " Here Amy. It's not much, but it's all I have", I say as I give her the chili dog. She gasps and sobs, her whole body shaking.
"Hey are you ok", I said uncomfortably.
" It's just, this chili dog reminds me of my friend Sonic. He is such a cocky hedgehog, you know. We have been friends for a long time now. Ever since I laid eyes on him, I have had a crush on him. Many people call me a crazy fan girl, for the way I treat him every time I see him, giving him death hugs and sometimes telling him to marry me. It's pretty hard to keep him in one place, since he likes the feeling of freedom. I even try my best to be a strong girl, just for him, so maybe one day he will actually notice me and take me on a actual date. But... no matter what I do, he always runs away from me, like... if I were... a menace or something like that. I've tried many times to stop following him, but not knowing about him drives me crazy. And every time I go look for him, I end up getting in trouble", she sniffled, tears streaming down her face.
" But why do you keep trying... WHY", I asked.
" Because I love him silly", she said with a faint smile, but then began to cry again, pressing her face to me. She feel asleep a few minutes later and I thought, I'm so sorry I ever hurt you Amy.