Chapter 9

I popped in some breath mints, to kinda "freshen up". I put on my helmet, and also, added a small little red bow tie to my golden armor suit. I gave a weary smile in the mirror, and ran over to the ice cream shop. I noticed her sitting by the window, in her usual red dress. What made me laugh though, was that she practically inhaled 15 breath mints. As I stepped in, the door chimes jingles, and she spun her neck around so fast all I saw was a blur. She gave a huge smile, that kinda reminded me of a jack o lantern.

"HI!!! I'm so glad you could come", she gushed. I gave a weak smile, but she couldn't really see because of my giant helmet. I sat down without a word, and reached out my golden hand. She looked up, and held it. She blushed, and I blushed a deep crimson.

"Do you mind if I ordered already? I thought you and I could share a sundae", she fretted.

"Yeah that's fine... I love sundaes... how did you know", I said with a lovesick smile.

"Because we are perfect for each other, that why", she giggled. The sundae came, and she got a big spoonful. I licked my lips, because it looked delicious. She noticed my hungry eyes from behind the armor, and she laughed as she raised the spoon to my mouth. I chuckled too, and gave a big corny smile. We both blushed with a big grin, and I leaned in. We were just about to make contact, when the glass shattered. The next thing I knew, my helmet flew off from a blow to my head. Amy grabbed my hands and helped me up, and as I shook my head, she gasped, dropping the ice cream bowl.

"Ugh... thanks Ames... wait... WHERE IS MY HELMET?!?!", I freaked out. She was ghost white for a second, and then her face was filled with rage. She swung her hammer at me, breaking my ribs, and I gasped for air.

"YOU LIAR!!! YOU FAKER!!! I HATE YOU!!! I THOUGHT SOMEBODY LOVED ME FOR ONCE, AND THEN I FIND OUT ITS.... YOU!!! WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?!?!? DO YOU WANNA SEE ME ACTING LIKE A FOOL?!?! I TRUSTED YOU?!? I THOUGHT MAYBE....", she cried, tears running down her face.

"I thought... maybe somebody cared."

"Amy, please I can explain-", I pleaded before being interrupted.

"Enough of your lies Sonic. I don't ever want to see that filthy face of yours again. EVER", she snarled, sobbing. She ran away crying, and I collapsed to the floor. I felt a boiling rage inside of me, at Blaze, at Eggman, at everyone. My eyes turned dark, and the next few moves were just fuzzy. I felt someone whisk me away on a stretcher, and then I noticed Amy in the back round. I closed my eyes and everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes slowly, and groaned. I noticed my friends surrounding my bed, and Amy in the back round, crossing her arms, and turning away.

"Hey big guy... you ok", Knuckles gently spoke.

"Not really... what the heck happened?", I moaned.

"Well, want the good news or the bad?", Sally asked.

"Both. Speed it up", I growled.

"Well, you killed Eggman, but the price along with it was... you have been unconscious for about a year", Blaze explained.

"WHAT!!! What has happened since then", I freaked out.

"CHILL. For starters, you missed Tails and Cream's wedding, and your not really the only reason we are in the hospital right now", Shadow spoke gently. He looked over at Cream and Tails who were walking next door.

"Oh my chili dogs?!?! I'm a uncle!?", I gawked.

"Yes... to twins", Silver said. I sat there in astonishment.

"Wow, well I missed a lot", I exclaimed.

"You sure did Sonic. Your stupid move lead you to missing your best friends most important day of his life. Great job", Amy grimaced.

"I saved lives. So you shouldn't be the one talking Amy", I growled, and she sat there with her mouth wide open. I cant believe I just said that, wow.

"Uh, guys... how about we go check on Tails and Cream... let these to be", Rouge blurted out. The others nodded in a agreement, and quickly went over there.

"I hate you so much, I can't even put it into words", Amy mumbled.

"Why don't you just listen Pinky, before you go jumping to conclusions", I snapped.

"Fine, tell me, what the heck were you thinking", she said, matching my tone. So I told her everything, from start to end, being 100% honest, no lies this time. She listened very intently, only asking a question occasionally. Her face softened at the end, and she sighs.

"Sonic... I don't know if I can forgive you. I think for now I need some time to cool off. I don't know if I can even be friends with you after what you did, you made me look like a fool. Hopefully, you know that you made a big idiotic mistake", she mumbled, and wiped her eyes. I heard her foot steps as she walked out of the room. She paused for a second, looked back, and shut the door.