Chapter 13

"Wha- how...", I breathed, unable to grasp that Amy got the emeralds for me.

"I couldn't have done it without everyone here", Amy added with her trademark grin that made my stomach flip.

"Ames! I-I could just... KISS YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!" I blurted out. Dang it! I mentally slapped my self, and blushed a deep Crimson.

"I mean I COULD kiss you right now, not like I would..." I began to backpedal, scratching the back of my head.

"Well, I think one small kiss couldn't hurt", Amy blushed as she stared at the floor. She placed the chaos emeralds around us in a circle, and winked at me. I raised an eyebrow, as I looked at my friends. One by one they knelt down and closed their eyes. Pillars of light surrounded me and Amy, as our quills were raised by the power of the emeralds. Then, I found myself kissing the one and only Amy Rose, and energy flowed through me, either from Amy or just the sheer power of the emeralds. I was blinded the light of the emeralds, and thrown back by a huge blast. My  back cracked as I slammed onto the tiled floor, and I shuddered as I managed to sit up. I glanced at Amy across the room, crouched over shuddering. She planted her hand onto the floor in front of her, and claws unleashed from her once normal hand.

"Ames!" I cried out, reaching out my paw. She can't handle the transformation, because she is just to weak. I'm afraid that she may get hurt...

...or worse.

"S-Sonikku...?" she chattered, as she raised her head weakly. Her eyes were a sickly green, and the tips of her quills were white and frayed. She was bruised and battered, along with dark circles under her eyes.

"Amy, I'm here..." I said shakily, blinking tears from my eyes.  I caught Blaze out of the corner of my eye, biting her lip with tears in her eyes.

"I love you so much Sonic. I love all of the fun times we had, and no matter what... No matter what, I will be here", she wheezed, as she rested her hand on my furry chest.

"Amy, you listen. I am not going to let you die. You can't... Ames I need you" I sobbed, no longer trying to hold back my tears.

"Sonic, you can't stop fate. Things just happen for a reason. Like how we meet. You can't stop the future or dwell on the past. Just promise me this... make some other girl feel special like you did with me. I will never stop loving my Sonikku", Amy shuddered as she raised her head to kiss me, but slumped down instead. And then she was gone.
Forever.