Chapter 10

"I need your help", I said over the phone.

"What is it now Sonic, another one of your brilliant plans?", Sally groaned.

"This one has got to work, so just listen", I persisted. I heard a sigh on the other line.

"Fine, what is it", she said impatiently.

"I need you to make Amy jealous", I said.

"What! No way! I'm not dating you Sonic! No way! Amy is my friend, I would never do that to her", she screamed.

"Please!!! Look, it seems crazy, but soon she will fall for me just like that, and fight for me", I explained.

"Your an idiot. What makes you think I'm going to help YOU", she snickered.

"Well... I have Shadow's diary... I noticed some poetry about a particular person", I coaxed.

"Deal. We are officially together. Maybe it will make Shadow jealous to, and then we will have a better chance together", she dreamed.

"Right, your weird", I commented.

"Look who's talking", she replied.

"Touche", I said.

                                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, me and Sally decided to go to Tails and Cream's baby shower,  and as we walked through the door, we held hands. I noticed Shadow's face, and his jaw was clenched, and Amy turned away biting her lip.

"Uh, hey guys, glad you could come. We are just about to cut the cake to see if they are boys or girls", Tails greeted.

"Cool. Me and my babe just were on a date a few minutes ago. Yeah, we are like SUPER serious", I bragged.

"Right....", Cream murmured.

"So, can me and Sonic take a seat next to each other on the couch. I can't stand being away from him", she faked.

"Uh sure, make yourself at home...", Tails mumbled. Everyone scooted over, and kinda just stared.

"So... you guys are together... I see", Tikal started.

"We are SO in love, right Sal", I burst out. I gave her a slight peck on the cheek, but inside, I felt really bad.

"I think I'm going to go. Thanks Tails and Cream for inviting me. I just don't feel very comfortable", Amy mumbled, as she left.

"Agreed. I think I need to... umm... do stuff", Shadow murmured in a more monotone voice than usual. He quickly exited the room. Everyone else just arose and started to leave, thanking Tails and Cream. Soon tails and cream and us were the only ones left.

"Something seems fishy. Spill", Tails demanded.

"What is there to spill? We are happy, right Sally?', I weakly affirmed. Sally looked down, unable to meet their eyes. I rubbed the back of my neck, and averted my eyes.

"Maybe we are secretly trying to make Shadow and Amy jealous, because we are to wimpy to actually ask them out?', Sally confessed. Tails and Cream rolled their eyes, and groaned in unison.

"This isn't going to turn out very well", Cream sighed.

"PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM", I pleaded.

"Just get out Sonic, I don't want to be dragged into this", Tails yelled, and stormed off. Cream called for him then stood there for a second, staring off into space.

"Uh earth to Cream", Sally paused. Cream gripped Sally's shoulder, and Sally yelped.

"Get Tails..", Cream wheezed, and sunk to her knees.

"TAILS HELP!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH CREAM!!!", I howled.

"WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU WANT- CREAM!!! HURRY HELP HER INTO THE CAR!! WE ARE GOING TO HOSPITAL!!!", tails cried. I helped Sally and Tails carry her into the minivan.

"HURRY TAILS", Cream wailed from the back.

"Hang in there honey!", Tails cried. I started texting everyone frantically, pretty much receiving a stupid "?" because of auto correct. We at last reached the hospital and made tire marks in the hospitals entrance. Finally a stretcher whisked away Cream into a room, and Tails ran after it. The rest of the crew burst through the door, and Sally ran over to Shadow, and wrapped her arms around Shadow and started sobbing.

"Whoa whoa, what's wrong?!", Shadow boomed.

"Shadow.... she is going to be ok right!!! I'm so sorry!!! Sonic and I lied!!! We were never together!!! We wanted to make you and Amy jealous!!!", she cracked. Amy and Shadow had matching expressions on their face.

"Well it worked", Shadow stated with a weak smile, wiping Sally's tears. He squeezed her tightly, and as he did, he gave me the "we need to talk". I gulped and followed him down a dark hallway. As soon as he turned the corner, his expression hardened. He punched me in the jaw and started slapping my face.

"What the heck is wrong with you!", he shouted.

"I've been getting that a lot lately....", I chuckled nervously. If there was one person to be afraid of, it was most defiantly my triplet brother. That dude could literally do in anything in just about 3 seconds.

"You didn't answer my question", he hardened.

"Fine. You want answers. Here is my answer", I raged as I lunged at him. Next thing I knew we were throwing punches at each other, and wrestling on the floor like a bunch of five year olds.

"BOYS STOP!!!", screamed Amy and Sally in unison.

"Oh, I was just to punch his face into a pulp", Shadow whined.

"Your making the kids cry", Sally whispered. We looked behind them, and Tails was steading Creams, while holing two babies his arms. Shadow and I immediately wiped off the blood on our faces and tried to hold them.

"No way. Hand sanitizer. Clean up yourselves", Tails groaned. Oh God, was he going to be one of those protective parents. I ruefully took a shower in on of the hospital shower stalls, and squirted some hand sanitizer on my hands. Shadow was already there, holding one of the babies, cooing at it. Ok, either Shadow has gone completely insane, or he is just trying to show off to Sally his, "parenting skills". Please, Shadow is the complete OPPOSITE of the kind of person who would be a good parent.

"Move along amateur, I want to hold MY niece and nephew," I scoffed.

"Their names are Lily and Carter", Cream said defensively. Shadow scowled and let me hold Lily. I have literally NO IDEA of what kind of animal were they, considering they were half rabbit half fox. But Lily slept quietly, only moving occasionally. She was kind of cute actually, considering she wasn't crying. 

"Uh ok... that's enough for today. We need to make sure we keep on top of their schedule, right Cream", Tails butted in. Cream nodded weakly, and she yawned, giving the twins to Tails. We all piled into the van, and as I scooted in, my hand touched Amy's for a moment. She looked up and me, squeezed my hand, and rested her head on my shoulder. And then I drifted off, wondering if my relationship would go any farther with Amy... or if, this was just the beginning.