Ch.01-Is it just my imagination?.

My eyes felt heavy and I felt dizzy. I knew what was going on. I wouldn't lie about my fear. I was scared too. But if I could give someone a chance to live, then it was worth it.

"Yes, it's worth it...
Everything will be alright now..."

But in the deepest corner of my heart...
I wished that in my short life, I could have been happy.
But I knew it was too late now...
I closed my eyes and everything around me turned dark. In the darkness, I heard someone calling my name.

"So White, you have finally decided what you really want in your life. If you really want this, then I think I can help you a little..."

I opened my eyes slowly and I couldn't see well for a moment. But I could make out a figure of a lady with shining white hair and purple eyes. I felt like I had seen that face before.

"Who are you..." I asked her.

"Oh sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name is..." She said.

A few days later.

"Umm... ah..."
"Oh, you're finally awake! Thank goodness, I thought you would never wake up."

I heard a familiar voice. I opened my eyes and saw a lady. I knew this lady. She was my landlord. A college student who worked part-time. I had known her for a long time, since I lost or rather, was abandoned by my parents. She was one of the reasons I survived until now.

"Where am I?"

That was the first question that came to my mind. Because the last thing I remembered was the coldness and darkness. I remembered, I was hit by a truck and then I saw a lady. Who was that lady? I couldn't recall clearly.

"Oh my, is that the first thing you have to say? Well, this is the hospital. Someone brought you here and called me. They said you were hit by a truck. What were you doing? They said you jumped in front of the truck for no reason. The doctor told me it was a miracle that you survived this accident."

"What happened to that girl?" I asked the landlord.

"Girl? What are you talking about? Which girl?" She replied.

"The girl who I tried to save from the accident. What happened to her? Is she alive?"

"What are you talking about? There was no girl when you were hit by the truck. They all said you jumped in front of the truck without any reason. But no one saw any girl there." She said.

"NO NO, I SAW A GIRL. I SAVED HER. SHE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES. IF I HADN'T PUSHED HER, SHE WOULD HAVE DIED."

"White... White... I think you should take a rest. Don't stress yourself. Calm down, okay?

"No, I SAW HER. SHE CALLED MY NAME. SHE TOLD ME HER NAME. HER NAME WAS..."

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my chest and head. It felt like someone was squeezing my heart and hitting my head repeatedly. The pain was so intense that I lost my consciousness.

A few days later.
I came back home. I was still wondering what that was. Was it just my imagination? Or did I really see someone and help someone? I believed that I saved someone from that accident. But the people at the scene said there was no one besides me.

The thing I saw that day haunted me as a dream. A dream where I was surrounded by darkness and a light came towards me as a ray of hope. But then I would wake up.
I started to think that it was just my imagination. Until... that day.