Ch.04-Unexpected Result

In the evening
Bell stretched and yawned as she opened her eyes to a new morning. "Good morning, Papa. What are you doing in the kitchen?" She asked, smelling something delicious

"Just making dinner. You must be hungry after sleeping so long." I smiled and stirred the pot.

"My stomach is growling like a lion." She said, rubbing it.

"Almost done, just two more minutes." I assured her.

I still couldn't wrap my head around what that lady Aisha had told me yesterday. She claimed that the bell was a part of me and that it could grant my wishes. But before I could ask her anything more, she vanished into thin air. I had no choice but to try and talk to the bell. Maybe if Aisha had given it some of her power, she could tell me more about Aisha.

"Papa, are you making pudding?" She asked, hoping for a sweet treat.

"No, not pudding. Just some veggies. And you ate all the pudding last night, you remembered

"Oh, right. Well, can I help you with anything?" She offered.

"No, you don't have to do anything. Just sit back and watch some TV. Dinner will be ready soon, okay?" He said.

"Okay." I agreed.

We ate dinner together and enjoyed the food. After dinner, I decided to ask the bell some questions again.

"Hey, bell. Do you know that lady who gave you this location? Who is she?" I asked.

"No... I don't know her." The bell replied in a soft voice.

"Oh, I see." I said, disappointed.

If the bell didn't know her, then there was no point in asking more. But I was curious about something else. Aisha had said that the bell could grant my wishes, right? Let's see if that was true.

"Bell, give me one million." I said, half-joking.

"One million...?" The bell sounded confused.

"Ah, no, no. I was just kidding. Don't worry about it." I quickly backtracked.

I knew it was impossible to make a wish come true. But then how did Aisha know what I had wished for myself before the accident? And how did she disappear so suddenly? None of it made any sense.

'"Papa, are you not feeling well? Is something bothering you? If yes, tell me, I will solve it in two minutes."'

She looked at me with concern in her big eyes. I sighed and shook my head.

"It's nothing, bell. I was just lost in thought. You don't have to worry about me. And can you please stop calling me papa?"

"Why? Why can't I call you papa?" She tilted her head, puzzled.

"Because... because... well, you can call me whatever you want." I gave up trying to explain.

"Yayyyyy!" She clapped her hands and hugged me.

I smiled weakly. If she was really born from my wish, then I had no choice but to accept her. But it was hard to believe that she was real. I decided to stop thinking about it and went to my study table and focus on my studies. I had a big test tomorrow.

"Bell, you go and sleep on the bed. I need to study." I told her.

"No, I will support you and I will help you study too!" She declared, grabbing my book and opening it. I could see that she was trying her best, but I knew she wouldn't understand a thing.

"So, are you able to study this?" I asked her.

"Um... yes, this is a little hard, but I can read this!" She said confidently.