Ch.03-The Truth?

I gasped as I saw her standing in the corner of the room, smiling wickedly. How did she get in here? I was sure I locked the door behind me. Had she been hiding all this time?

"You look surprised. Have you forgotten me already? I told you my name, remember?"

"Aisha...?"

I uttered the name with uncertainty.

"Ah, so you do remember. I thought you wanted to erase me from your memory. You thought the accident was just a hallucination, didn't you? And you met Bell, too. She's such a sweet girl."
She spoke with a mocking tone and gestured towards Bell, who was lying motionless on the floor.

"What did you do to her?"

"Nothing much. I just put her to sleep, that's all. I'm not a monster, you know."

"What are you? And what do you want from me?"

I asked, trembling with fear. She grinned and said.

"Don't you think you owe me something?"

"Something? I don't even know you!" I protested.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't explain it to you before, because you passed out. Let me enlighten you. Don't you think it's strange that you survived an accident that should have killed you?"

"Don't change the subject. Tell me what you want from me and why you're here!"

"Well, well, I'll tell you only once, so listen carefully. Do you remember what you said on the day of your accident?"

I racked my brain and replied.

"On that day, I was feeling depressed about my life and I said to myself. It would be better if I die. But why are you asking me that? It's not..."
Wait, does that mean my accident and my words were somehow connected?

"Bingo.
You're smarter than I thought. Yes, your words were your wish. And I made it come true."

"That's a lie. If you made my wish come true, then how am I still alive? You're just making excuses..."

"After the accident, when you were dying, you said something else. You said you wanted to live and be happy, didn't you? So I changed your wish to another one."

"Changed my wish? I don't understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense."

"Don't worry. You'll understand soon enough. Now, about that girl, Bell."

"What about her? Are you saying she's related to you?"

"Related to me? No, she's a part of you." She said.

"A part of me?"

"Yes, she's born from your wish. Or rather, she is your wish. She knows everything about you, your desires and your fears. Now you know why she calls you papa."

"Uh... Huh."

"And one last thing, pay attention. She has the power to grant your wishes. I gave her that gift. All you have to do is think, and she'll make it happen. But she won't grant any wish that's unrealistic.
Remember that. Well, I'm off. Bye-bye."

"Wait... I have more questions..."

"What did she mean by Bell can grant my wishes..."