Ch.06-Shopping

Lost in thought over Aisha's words, I was startled when Bell awoke with a yawn, her voice sleepy but clear.

"Papa..."

"Are you okay, Bell?" I inquired, concern lacing my voice.

"Mhm," she murmured, her eyes scanning the room. "My drawing... where did it go?"

Bell's artwork had vanished, just like that. Despite our best efforts, the drawing remained elusive. I couldn't shake the feeling that Aisha was involved in this mystery as well. Bell's disappointment was palpable, so I endeavored to lift her spirits.

"What would you like for dinner, Bell?" I asked, hoping to distract her.

"Something delicious," she replied, a smile breaking through her gloom.

"Alright, let's go shopping, and we'll decide on dinner afterward," I suggested.

Her enthusiasm was infectious. "Yay!"

As we prepared to leave, we encountered our landlady, Miss Elsa.

"How did the test go, White?" she queried.

"It was straightforward, and I aced it," I boasted with a hint of pride.

"That's wonderful. Are you heading out for shopping?" she prodded.

"Yes, and... oh, I almost forgot. Miss Elsa, this is Bell, a relative of mine," I introduced, though Bell shyly hid behind me.

Miss Elsa looked puzzled. "Bell? Where is she?"

"The girl with brown hair and red eyes right next to me. Can't you see her?" I asked, a sense of unease creeping in.

"I don't see anyone, White. Are you sure you're alright? Perhaps you should rest, and If you don't mind I can make dinner for you," she offered kindly.

Miss Elsa's inability to see Bell sent a shock through me. Was I the only one who could see her? The mystery deepened, and my curiosity grew.

"White?"

"Oh... I forgot to mention, she left when her parents arrived," I lied hastily.

"But White, when we first met, you said you had no relatives," she reminded me.

I had indeed told Miss Elsa that I was alone in the world when she found me as a child. Her kindness had given me a home, and for that, I was eternally grateful.

"Actually, she's a relative of... Zen. He's busy, so he asked me to look after Bell," I explained, hoping to deflect her suspicion.

"I see. Well, that's fine," she accepted, though I could tell she was still uncertain.

I quickly changed the subject. "About the rent for this month..."

"Don't worry about it, White. You've just recovered from an accident. Take your time to heal, and remember, you don't need to pay rent," she insisted.

"But you've done so much for me already. I can't continue to be a burden," I protested.

Miss Elsa had been my savior when my mother abandoned me. She was the one who extended a helping hand when I needed it most. To me, she was more than a landlady; she was like a big sister.

"Thank you, Miss Elsa, for everything," I expressed my gratitude.

"Don't mention it, White. You're like a little brother to me," she replied warmly.

Leaving the apartment with Bell, I pondered over our conversation.

"Papa, who was that lady?" Bell inquired.

"She's... well, you could say she's my big sister," I answered, deciding it was the simplest explanation.

"Papa has a sister?" Bell asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Yes, I do. By the way, where were you this morning?" I redirected the question.

"I woke up to a beautiful lady with white hair. She said she'd play with me, so I went with her," Bell recounted innocently.

Hearing that Bell had been with Aisha that morning, when she had disappeared from the bedroom, left me stunned.

"Did Aisha, I mean, the lady, say anything to you?" I probed, my curiosity mounting.

"She played with me for a bit and mentioned that Papa would be happy if I fulfilled his wishes," Bell said, her smile bright and unwavering.

This confirmed that Bell could indeed grant wishes. Yet, I wondered why my previous wish for money had gone unfulfilled.

Lost in thought, I recalled Aisha's words that wishes beyond reality remain unfulfilled.As we walked, lost in thought, we suddenly arrived at the department store. Bell was clearly in good spirits.

While shopping, I was surprised to see Shu there too, looking at some items. I hesitated, wondering if I should speak to her. Then I remembered the marks on Shu's hand from earlier today,as I was concerned about her I knew I had to talk to her about it.