Distracted

I was typing away on my computer doing research for my new project that's coming out in the next 3 months.

As I hit the key 'A' I heard the front door to our house opening before closing.

As I was just finishing my last sentence I heard heavy footsteps make their way up the stairs before stopping at the room door.

The room door opened as the footsteps made their way to my office room door.

I sighed because I was getting a writers block. But at the same time they opened the door before closing it.

"Hey baby." His low voice echoed in my head.

"Hey." I spoke getting back to focusing on my project.

"I miss you." He said kissing me on my neck.

"Uht uht. I'm workin right now." I said gently pushing him off of me.

"Man really." He said sucking his teeth.
"Yes really." I said.

"You've been on that damn computer all day." He said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Come on baby. Please." He said kissing my neck pulling my chair away from my desk.

"Not right now Roddy." I said breathing in slowly.

"I haven't had you in a long time baby. Just put the computer away for tonight, please." He mumbled against my neck gripping my shoulders.

"Roddy no, not right now." I said feeling my self give in.

"Why not?" He said sucking his teeth stepping back.

"Because I'm w-" I tried to say but Roddy cut me off.

"Working. It's always you working. And it's never us spending anytime together. Is work really that good that you've forgotten about me for the last 5 months. Yeah. 5 stupid ass months man. Are you distracted by work that much? What you don't love me nomo." He ranted as I looked at him.

"Why would you say I don't love you." I said as he rolled his eyes.

"It's been 5 months since I've even got to touch you. Then the last 2 months you haven't even been saying 'I love you' to me at the end of a phone call. Am I not enough for you? You don't love me anymore?" He said.

"So you came to me to talk about not having sex for 5 months." I said as he frowned at me.

"Baby. That's not the main problem. But it's a part of it. I'm saying do you love me? You haven't said I love you in 2 months! I'm your husband. We've been married for 10 years now. And work is just suddenly your top priority." He said as I looked at my computer then back at him.

I just did realize that I haven't been talking to him like I should have. And I really haven't showed him any affection.

And even after the lovely conversation on the phone I still failed to say the easiest the to say to him 'I love you.'.

Now I'm regretful of that.

"I..baby...I'm so sorry I didn't know." I said as he just looked at me with a sad frown.

I got up hugging him, sighing. "I love you baby. Don't you ever think I don't love you. Your my world. You've given me everything I could've asked for." I said kissing his cheek.

"Are you just saying that or are you forreal." He said looking me in the eye letting me see his hurt.

"I forreal baby. I really do love you. I promise you that." I said rubbing his face as he put his head on my shoulder.

"I just miss you so much baby." He said hugging me tighter.

"I didn't realize it but I'm missing you too." I said as he kissed my neck.