Chapter 9| Stars and Stripes

USA pov

The minute we walk up to my very decorative mansion, a scream rings out through the house. I immediately recognize it as Louisiana.

Then only shortly after the all too familiar fire alarm goes off. I look back at C/n before going running to the house. Almost slipping on the snow covered ice on the patio.

I quickly unlock the door and set the papers down near my car keys. Then I take a quick look to the room. Minnesota is sitting on the couch and scrolling through his phone, Iowa is watching looney tunes on the tv... again, and Washington is sleeping with what looks like Montana's baseball cap on his face.

I get a few quiet 'hey dad' from the two because Washington is sleeping, before I reach my hand out and Minnesota throws the fire extinguisher to me.

I run upstairs and follow the sound of the fire alarm. In this house we made only one go off so that I can locate the fire. I barge into the room and start spraying it at the first sight of red I can see.

There is no more fire from what I can see so I stop. Revealing a foam covered Louisiana, California and Idaho. Over in the corner I can see Texas flashing his gun at New Hampshire in a threatening way. Alaska holding Hawaii away from Michigan. And a very confused looking Montana standing at the opposite door holding coffee.

"*sigh* California stop setting people on fire, Michigan stop doing whatever you were doing to Hawaii, Texas stop threatening your brother,  Idaho don't think I don't see your potato stash behind the couch, and Montana what did I say about coffee!"

I say, getting more aggressive with each word. Most of them seem scared and others seem relieved. Montana speaks before any others.

"Well dad this isn't even my coffee, it's North Dakota's. Also if your wondering Michigan and New Hampshire were messing with Hawaii and Alaska and Texas got angry. And California is just California... And I'm gonna go make fry bread"

Montana walks past me but before he can leave Michigan yells,

"Montana you little snitch!"

Montana just simply flips him off and walks off, not before taking a sip of the coffee. I just sigh again And look back at my kids.

"You guys better get your shit together. We have company."

And then I walk off, going back to find C/n again. Hopefully they haven't gotten swarmed by the curious kids. I walk back down the stairs, fixing my glasses to they can sit better on my head. These things are annoying but I need to wear them.

I finally make my way down the stairs, my feet resting neatly at the bottom. Because I definitely didn't almost fall. Nope.

I let myself look around the room. Trying to find C/n. There are a few more kids down here now. Such as Arizona, New Mexico, and South Dakota. But C/n is not in the room.

"Hey Iowa where did C/n- I mean the guest go?"

Iowa looks up from his tv. Visibly confused.

"Wait we had a guest?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh

"I'll go find them myself then."

And I turn around to walk off. My footsteps echoing through the hallway I just entered. I can see some indents in the carpet in front of me. That must be where C/n went.

I pick up the pace a bit and follow them. Taking a few turns before I hear some commotion in front of me. I can hear a few distinct voices.

"NO! Florida stop!"  That must be Georgia