Chapter 11| switching

(This will be the last chapter with the states in it. Sorry about the three chapters about them, I wanted to add all of the states so the American readers don't feel left out if their state isn't there. Just like I put all of Canada's provinces. Don't worry I'll spend quite a while on all of them.)

They continue to stare at me for quite a while. I can't tell if they're confused of stunned. Probably both. Eventually after at least seven minutes of prolonged eye contact, one of them points at me.

"You did this?"

Afraid of what they think, I nod slowly. A few look even more stunned.

"H-how.."

Another one says. Seeming to be one of the two that were in the main fist fight. I know it was Kansas, and I already know who he is because Vermont pointed at him, so it must be Missouri

"Magic."

They all just look at each other. One opens their mouth to say something but the one next to him slaps his hand on his mouth

West Virginia speaks out of the silence

"Well magic is really damn good at stopping a fight."

I few just now come to the realization and start saying that it's cool. But eventually one decides to stand up from the ground that everyone is still on.

"Wait we haven't even introduced ourselves! I'm Maine."

She points to the one that asked me if I did this.

"That's Nebraska."

She moves her finger over a bit

"That's New Mexico."

Then she moves it to the one that asked me how.

"That's Missouri."

But I already knew that. Next she moves to the other side of the room to the one that was about to say something

"That's Indiana."

She moves it over to the one that slapped a hand over his mouth

"And that's Vermont."

And then she moves it over to the last one

"And that's the one that started the fight, Kansas."

I wave and smile, not regarding the trouble they put me through.

"I'm C/n!"

They all wave back and begin to stand up from their spots on the ground. Only took them forever.

Then, like the fight never happened, they start talking. Vermont, Missouri and Nebraska come up to me and start talking about my magic. Vermont asks to see it and I lift him up in the air. Aaand eventually that leads to me lifting all three of them in the air and then flying around. But Missouri pushes Nebraska and he runs into New Mexico, who does what I assume is cussing him out in another language.

So I also lift him up in the air and float him up to the ceiling. We play around with it until I get tired again and have to put them down. So I do.

But I totally forgot about America until now. so I go over and ask Kansas to bring me to him. He agrees but Maine follows behind us. She probably doesn't trust him

Eventually we get to some big doors with 'America' imprinted on them. Kansas doesn't even bother to knock he just opens it.

"Dad! Your lover is here!"

Then he grabs my by the wrist and throws me into the familiar room. Then slams the door shut. I can hear the distant yells of Maine getting mad at him.