Damaged.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15.

Hey!! So, this is my new story, 'Dared'. I hope you like it. :) Please vote and comment!

Tell me how you like it, and if I should keep it...I'm kinda nervous with starting a new one. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter One~

"You're going to live with your Aunt and Uncle, Lyric."

Those were the second most awful words that I have ever heard in my life.

"You're vocal chords are permanently damaged." Is the worst.

The doctor looked at me directly, with sorrow in his eyes, and told me that I could, maybe, talk one day, but I would have to go through several months of therapy.

What happened was, when I jumped off of the roof, I almost drowned, which caused tons of water -stagnate water- to enter into my lungs.

A few of the kids who were there, were able to get me to breathe after CPR, but they took me to the emergency room right after; because it turned out that I was still unconscious, and they had to perform an emergency surgery on my lungs to take out the poisoning that the water caused.

They couldn't take the poison from the stagnate water all out, and they had to take out some of my vocal cords too, which leaves me with hardly any voice, and if I talk, my throat screams with pain.

Some of the nurses, tried to get me to take up some sign language, but I wouldn't do it.

They tried to get me to take some therapy too, but I wouldn't do that neither.

'She's suffering from severe depression.' The Doctor explained to my Mom.

'Why?' She asked him.

'She's feeling sorry for herself. So, she's throwing a temper tantrum.'

So what if I am? I think I deserve to. You try losing your voice, and your Mom kicking you out because she caught you drinking, and see how you respond.

"You're going to love it here." My Grandmother says. "We have a slide, and swings, an-"

"No we don't, Mom." My Uncle Frank says, frowning. "You're thinking of when my kids were younger and lived here."

My Grandma has lived with my Uncle and Aunt ever since my Grandpa has passed away.

And my Grandma has Alzheimer's.

"I thought for sure that..." Sure trails off and squints her eyes from the sun.

Uncle Frank sighs, and picks up my blue, flower printed suit case. "No, we had to sell them. Remember? The kids weren't playing with them anymore."

'The kids', are my cousins, and twins, Vanessa, and Cody. They don't live here anymore, and boy am I glad that they don't.. They hated me. Like, seriously hated me.

My Mom, and their Mom had to separate us all the time, because I would get into fist fights with them over the most stupidest things ever.

But that didn't stop our parents to try to get us to hang out with each other all the time. They thought that if we had 'Bonding time', we would start liking each other and become friends. It wasn't until Cody, broke my arm, and they found Vanessa, holding me in a headlock, when I was twelve, and they were fifteen, that they decided that it would be better off if they didn't come around as often anymore.

It was just a natural hate.

After that, they only came over on holidays. And even then, Mom kept a close eye on me, and basically told me to stay in my room the whole time.