Texting

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, guys!

Okay, so I finally updated... Sorry for taking so long. :/

There is no excuse for this.. But if I could give one... It would be because I'm so busy.

But, that is not a good enough one! I'm planning, planning on trying to update again on Thanksgiving.

Don't hold me to that though, haha.,

Okay, I have to thank you for voting and commenting! Thanks for still sticking with me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter!

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Fifteen.~

The rest of the night was pretty quiet. At dinner, Aunt Maddie was telling Vanessa how I got invited to my first Bonfire here.

I just ignored it all.

Vanessa was strangely quiet tonight. She didn't make fun of me at all. She didn't even volunteer to dress me up like a doll for Bonfire. I thought for sure she would once she found out.

I'm pretty sure this all has something to do with her not going back to college like she was supposed to last weekend, but that's just a guess.

Hopefully she'll leave soon, because I want my own room again. I hate sleeping in the same room with her. I always have to watch what I'm doing, and she snores... loudly. She keeps me awake at night, it's that bad.

Couldn't they put her in her brothers old room? Why are they making us share a room? Vanessa sure isn't happy with us sharing a room. I can tell with all the sighing she does when she walks in here, and I'm laying on the bed, or reading, or fixing my hair. It's like she forgets I'm here, but then once she sees me, she regrets being here.

Before bed, I pull my hair up and braid it. Vanessa's texting someone like she does all the time. I guess it might be her boyfriend, although she hasn't talked about him in a long time.

I move over to my blow up bed, and pick up my phone to check it.

Hmm, strange. There's an unknown number that's texted me, and it just says, 'Hey.'

'Who is this?' I text back, and lay back against my bed on my back.

Who would have my number? I don't give it out to anyone. The only one I actually only text, is Heather, and she hasn't responded to me in days.

My phone vibrates, and I hear Vanessa sigh like the sound is just the most bothering thing in the planet.

'Jared ;)'  The text says.

What? How did...

'How do you know my number?' I reply.

See, this is the good thing about texting.. It's not embarrassing because I can't speak.

About four minutes later, my phone vibrates again. 'My secret, Lyric, my secret.'

I shake my head at the boy. He's too good.