Friends

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! :D

Chapter Thirteen is here!

Sorry for taking so long to update. I've been really busy here lately, and I have used up a lot of the internet that I have for this month. And I know that's not a good excuse, ha ha.

So, sorry, guys. :/

I hope ya'll like this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks so much for voting and commenting on the last chapter! And thanks for sticking around, even though I haven't updated quickly!

Now, onto the story! :D

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Thirteen.~

The whole time driving to School, I'm thinking of ways that I could get her attention away from everyone.

It would be easier if I could talk, but I can't, so that makes it more difficult.

Vanessa doesn't even realize that I'm not paying attention to her as she blabs on and on while she's driving. I hear some things, like something about her College, and her boyfriend, but that's all I get.

If she meets Jared, she'll try to set us up...

I picture her evil, smiling face when she sees him talking to me, and the wheels in her head already turning.

 My body shivers, and she asks me if I'm cold.

I shake my head no, and look out the window.

Really, Vanessa is not as mean, and rude as she used to be. She used to hate me, and want to kill me. In fact, her and her brother used to try several times.

Vanessa just keeps on chattering away while driving, and for some reason, I find comfort in the sound. I picture myself talking like she is, and I can almost feel the vibration in my throat as she speaks.

"Lyric... Are you okay?"

I turn my head and look at her, and it's then that I realize I have tears running down my cheek.

I give her a small smile, and nod my head.

I'm fine.. Just fine.

And this time, I really mean it.

~~~

When we pull up in front of the School, I don't see Jared, but I do see Brianna talking to another girl.

"So," Vanessa starts, straining her neck to see everyone. "Where's your friends?"

I shrug, pick up my bag of books that are sitting on the floor of the car, and then I wave at her.

Leave. Now.

"Bye." She tells me, still looking at all the teens, waiting like a hawk for any kind of recognition from anybody.

I open up the car door, and jump out.

She doesn't pull away fast.. She just sits there.

I give her a funny look, and she waves at me to go inside the School.