Vanessa Arrives

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, guys!!

Okay, I want to thank ya'll who voted and commented on the last chapter! I know it may have been confusing for some of you, but thank you!

I'm so, so, so, so sorry for taking so long to update! I've been sick with mono, and feeling really weak. :/ I was even in the hospital a few weeks ago for a few days.

Yuck.

But, enough of me, I'm sure you're excited to read the next chapter! :D

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter!

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Twelve.~

"Lyric! You've gotten so.. So.. Um, scrawny.."

I plaster on one of the most fake smile that I have, and nod my head at her.

My cousin, Vanessa, is standing in front of me, in all her pink, fake glory.

It looks like someone's had too many plastic surgeries...

"How long has it been since we've seen each other?" She asks, wrapping her arms around my neck.

Not long enough, apparently.

I about choke from the death hold she has on my neck, and her smelly perfume, and I kinda push her away from me.

What has gotten into this chick?

Vanessa backs away from me, and gives me this fake sympathy/pout face.. You know, those looks with the bottom lip out. "I am so sorry to hear about your voice." She's talking to me like I'm two. "I'm sure you have been devastated. I was devastated when I heard about you."

I want to roll my eyes at her. If I could talk, and I was my old self, I'm seventy percent sure that I would not be saying some nice things to her.

"We all were, honey." Aunt Maddie joins in with her. "It was such a tragic thing."

Oh yeah.. Tragic.

Vanessa's eyes change, as if she is just now realizing her Mom is here, and she smiles brightly. "I guess it's a good thing that you have my parents.. Your parents just couldn't take anymore of you." She blinks innocently, and when she sees my face change into a glare, she finishes off with a, "Right?"

I just want to rip those extensions out of her little tiny head.

My fists tighten so tight that I can feel my nails digging into my skin.

"Uh, Vanessa, dear.." Aunt Maddie trails off, looking back and forth between Vanessa and I. "Why don't we.. Go make some tea, yeah, we can go make some tea and we can catch up." She grabs Vaness'a arm, and pulls her into the kitchen. I hear them talking about some boy she met.

"I'm sorry about Van, Lyric. She can be a bit... Outspoken."

I look at Uncle Frank who's sitting on the couch looking at me intently, and sigh silently. I'm used to Vanessa. She's always been rude. I knew she wasn't going to change. It's just hard hearing her say this stuff, but it's not like I was expecting her not to.