Chapter 7

Riko charged at the man who killed Korra and they began to fight. Riko put up a good fight and started to tire him out when suddenly an icicle shot into her shoulder. Another icicle to the thigh landed her on the ground. She pushed herself to her elbows and saw feet in front of her. She looked up and saw the man aiming one last icicle at her. She hung her head, feeling the will to continue on disappear. She closed her eyes and let the waterbender do it, but then he was earthbended away. Riko quickly looked up and saw old Lin Bei Fong across the street. Lin continued to push the man to his limits. Riko watched and waited for the opportunity to strike. She saw an opening and used her good arm to bend the ground to trip the man. He frantically staggered back up and ran away, realizing that he was at the end of his rope after the battle with the Avatar. After a small debate in her head, Lin decided to run to Korra's aid instead of chasing after the assailant.

"Is this such a good idea?"

"*sigh* I don't know honestly, but Riko seems to think this is best, dear." Karina replied to her daughter.

The earthbender sighed and looked down next to her. She expected to see Tadashi sticking his head through the bar of the railing to watch over the expanding sea, but instead he was laying his head on the rail sullenly. Olivia didn't realize he was tall enough to reach the bar. She sighed again. Her little boy really was growing up. Ten years old and expected to protect the world. Though it wasn't unheard of. Avatar Aang had done the same at twelve. But the world was peaceful now. There were no wars. The only thing that disrupted Republic City was the occasional gang activity, which was always taken care of by the police.

Her racing thoughts were disrupted when her son sighed. "What's wrong, dear?"

The boy pouted. "Everything's gonna change."

Olivia frowned and patted him on the head. "The Chief will take care of it before we get back."

A sudden ruckus from the crew interrupted them. "No! Move it that way! Gah! Watch out!" Suddenly a beam fell and headed for the family below. Karina moved fast and pushed her family out of the way and waterbended an icicle to stop the beam. She breathed in relief and moved out of the way as well.

"Miss! Are you okay?" A crew member yelled from above.

"Yeah! No one got hurt."

The man crawled down through pipes and ladders. "I'm so sorry. Uh? W-Wait? Are you Mrs. Sato?! Oh spirits! I'm so sorry! It was an accident!"

Karina chuckled and waved it off. "It's okay, really. No one was injured. I stopped it from damaging the boat as well."

"T-Thank you very much. I'm so very sorry, again. It won't happen again."

And with that, the man instructed his crew to move the beam and get back to work.

Karina quietly ushered her family to their shared cabin room. "Mom? Is everything okay?"