Chapter 16

Asami quietly cried at her desk for the fourth time that day. The woman hadn't returned to work yet and she was trying to do some work at home, but nothing ever really got completed. However, this time was different. She finally forced herself to read Korra's last thoughts. She finished reading it and tossed it back onto her desk.

Avatar Korra Sato's Will

If I die young, I'm sincerely sorry to everyone. But being the Avatar comes with that chance. I wrote this early on in my life, revising it several times after I finally formed our family. Asami Sato, I love you and our family with all of my heart. I will always be with you.

One of the most important things, I leave Naga in the hands of Asami Sato. Don't be surprised if she passes away after a short time following this as well. The Avatar and their animal guide are connected, so it's likely she'll pass on too.

There's not much else I own really. Everything I have belongs to Asami. So I'll let her delegate that when the time comes. Any of my Avatar stuff can go to Tenzin to be put in some sort of display I'm sure he'll want.

Riko, I'm sure you're probably blaming yourself right now. I'm sure by this time you're working with the police, meaning you work alongside me often times. Don't take all of the guilt. First, because it's not your fault. Second, when you don't realize you're blaming yourself, your family is there to help you.

Kohaku, don't get too mad at Riko. She tries to take all of the shame and guilt all on her own so you and Nami don't have to, but it doesn't work that way. You and Riko are close, so stick by her side when it seems that she may lose it.

Nami, I simply ask that you be there for your family. I know you're busy with Asami and Future Industries, but don't forget what is most important: family.

Asami and I started this family on accident (and not like how most people do it). But I can say it was one of the best decisions of my life. I love all three of you equally. Don't forget that. My life may have been crazy and unpredictable at times, but it was perfect.

Tadashi perked up. Eleven years ago? That was when... He gasped. He felt goosebumps ride his skin and pressure build up in his chest. It was suddenly hard to breath.

"It's okay, Tadashi. I'll protect you no matter what. Just stay back." Riko ordered quietly.

Tadashi stepped back and felt something drip off of his chin. What? He glanced at his hand and saw clear liquid. He was crying?

"See? Even your grandson knows this is futile." The older man spoke.

Riko growled and blocked his sight from the boy with her arm. "Don't get him involved in this."

"Oh? But after I'm finished with you, he's next." The mask rose slightly as the man smirked.

Riko was now way past her limit and abruptly rocketed earth towards him. The man dodged easily without even bending. She dashed forward and attempted to punch him, but he dodged again.

"My fight is not with you, Chief."

"You sure made it my fight by targeting my family!"

The man finally produced his own element. A water-whip whirled through the air, heading straight for Riko. She quickly produced an earth wall to block it. Suddenly something dashed past her and she gasped. "No, Tadashi!"

The boy ignored her though, deciding to go for the offensive. Something deep inside him had boiled over his normal calm demeanor. He had never felt more enraged before. Water was quickly headed his way and he jumped over it. He produced what he thought was air and shot at him, but he was surprised when heat erupted from his hands. He landed and looked at his hands. However, he didn't have a lot of time to think about it before another attack was aimed at him.