Trouble in Paradise

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Once on the ground, I get off of Twilight and give a little scratch on her chin and she purrs. The Crimson Goregutter lets out a roar and I look to see all the new dragons be welcomed, "Welcome to parade, mate." "Well, aren't you a beauty." I smile in pride. So much has happened and Berk is practically a utopia. A chaotic utopia, but I love it nonetheless.

"Ah, you're welcome! You're welcome!" I roll my eyes as Snotlout boasts. I look to see him dump his helmet on a little boy, making him stagger a bit. "I took on, like, one hundred trappers. A thousand trappers!" Snotlout corrects. "All with burning undies." Ruffnut comments, cackling a little I couldn't help but let out giggle. "My thick, full beard almost caught on fire!" Tuffnut states. But his 'beard' was actually his hair tied together in front of him. "Just... Just stop." Ruffnut sighs out, shaking her.

I roll my eyes playfully and walk over to Valka as she was petting a dragon. But before I could say anything, Snotlout beat me to it. "So, uh, Hiccup's mom. Any notes on my bone-crushing assault or was it pretty much perfect?" I cross my arms and look at him with a raise brow. Is he seriously flirting with Valka? He really never learns. "Oh, it was... indescribable." She says as she stands up, trying not to discourage Snotlout. "And please, call me Valka. It has been a year." She tells him, with a kind smile. "First-name basis." Snotlout says, then backs away with a nod. Valka walks off and I walk next to her, "If we're being honest, the only thing crushed was his pride." I whisper to her.

We share a laugh and I walk over to Twilight as she stands near Toothless. "I think the real heroes of the day are Toothless and Twilight!" Hiccup says, giving Twilight a pat on the head before he gives his attention to Toothless. "Isn't that right, bud? What would we do without our Rulers of Dragons?" Hiccup coos, hugging Toothless' head. I giggle as I watch my betrothed act all mushy with his scaly companion. I feel a nudge on my left and see Twilight giving me look. "And you did fantastic too, Twi." I compliment her and give her some neck scratches.

The two purr happily as I make my way to stand next to Hiccup, giving Toothless some affection too. "You did pretty well too. After all, you did save me." I tell Hiccup, giving him a soft smile. "Well, I couldn't have done it without you." He says with a sly smile, wrapping his arm around my waist. I give him a smirk, "Would you like a reward?" I ask him, teasingly. "Since you offered." He replies. I shake my head amusingly and turn my body to face him, grabbing his face gently and give him a kiss on the lips. I feel him wrap his arms around me and I let out a giggle and break the kiss. I could not help but gaze into his eyes.

"We should all start training a lot harder." We break out of our trance and look to Astrid, "That was pretty sloppy." She says. "Astrid has a point." Valka agrees with her. Hiccup and I maneuver so that we stand side-to-side. "Perhaps you all rely a little too much on your dragons and not enough on each other." She says. She spares a glance at Hiccup and I, but doesn't say anything else.

"That's exactly what I was saying! Just listen up, guys." Snotlout blurts out and stands on Hiccup's right as I give him an unimpressed look. "Says the guy who had his butt set ablaze the moment after he made his entrance." I said in a monotone voice. "You're just jealous that Hiccup's mom is super impressed with me." Snotlout tsks, shaking his head, "I'm like the son she's always wanted." He says. "More like the annoying nephew that she tolerates because she's afraid of hurting his wittle feelings." I tease him. Hiccup chuckles at my joke while Snotlout rolls his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He replies nonchalantly, walking off as I give him an annoyed look. "I don't know how we have been able to tolerate him for all these years." I exasperate, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. I feel Hiccup rub my shoulder in comfort, "I do not know, (Y/N). I do not know." He replies.