Courting Session

(So, SO, sorry for the looooooong delay. I was busy and stuff to work on, but here it is! Hope you enjoy!)

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Okay, making good time. I look around as everyone sets up camp to spend the night. "Yes! My own place. I plan to build a hut. Only for the bearded!" I look to find Tuffnut standing on a boulder, boasting about his 'beard'. "Ruffnut, you gotta stay out. Chin whiskers don't count." I shake my head. "I see a tower of manliness in the shape of me." I look to see Snotlout uses his fingers to frame something, but then see Eret walk in front of him and that's my cue to not pay attention to that anymore. I look to see (Y/N) get some supplies so I walk over to her, "Allow me, M'Lady." I generously take the crate, she gives me an amused smile. "You're such a gentleman." She replies. I smile back and set the crate down, dusting off my hands.

"So you better start showing me some respect!" I hear Snotlout shout and look to find him fall off a barrel, Eret walking off unbothered. I shake my head as I stand up. "That will be the day." I look at (Y/N), her arms crossed and looking at Snotlout with an unimpressed look. I smile and wrap an arm around her, "He's just being Snotlout." I tell her. She smiles but then a scream was heard and we look over to find Gobber holding his back in pain. "Gobber just can't catch a break, can he?" (Y/N) says.

I was about to reply but then start to notice everyone was settling in. I let go of (Y/N), "Hold on, gang! I said make camp. Not... Build a new village." I call out to the crowd. "Who died and made you Chief?" Snotlout stupidly asks. I hear a shing sound and I turn around to hold (Y/N) back. I hear a lot of people groan and then a smack followed by Snotlout yelping. (Y/N) calms down and puts her sword back in its sheath. I let her go after she gives me a nod that she's okay. "This place is nice, but this is a temporary stay. Grimmel could still be after us." She says to the crowd. "(Y/N) is right. It is nice, but Grimmel is still out there, and this is not the Hidden World." I add.

"We don't even know if this Hidden World exists!" A man exclaims. "Yeah, this place is real." Another agrees. "There's nothing more stubborn than a mob of tired, hungry Vikings." Mom speaks softly, having walked over to us. "We have been traveling for a while and the dragons have been carrying a lot of supplies. Let's just take a few days to rest up, okay?" (Y/N) suggests. I think it over then nod my head. "Well, I guess this can work as a base in the meantime. It's defensible, hidden." I mutter to myself, looking around the area. "All right. You can stay." I say out loud. "Say hello to New Berk!" Gobber shouts, the crowd cheers in excitement. "Let's get building, lads!" "Until!" I intervene, raising my hands to get their attention, "Toothless, Twilight, (Y/N), and I find the Hidden World." I cleared. The crowd groans  and boos, but then walks off to get started on building.

(Y/N) lets out a tired sigh, "I'm gonna go help Astrid unload some materials. I'll be right back." She says, then walks off towards Astrid. I watch her and smile softly, but then I grunt as Tuffnut forcefully leads me elsewhere. "Now, about that voice. Can we lose the whole honking goose thing?" He asks. I roll my eyes as he continues, "It's hard to imagine wedded bliss with that going off every minute." He cackles, walking off while I remain. "If you two are going to continue West, I should head back to ensure we weren't followed." Mom says. "Great idea!" Snotlout appears, suddenly, "I'll go with you for protection." He states. "No!" Mom denies, ".... Because.... You're far too important here." She quickly recovers. Snotlout smirks, "Yeah." Then walks off.

I shake my head with a smile on my face then face Mom. "Be careful. Come back if there's any sign of danger." I tell my Mom. She was about to speak but sighs instead. "What?" I question her. She looks at me, "This plan of yours.... To hide us from the rest of the world. Though... Though I wish it were possible, I fear it can't last, son. I tried for years, but greedy humans always find a way. I only ask you think about it." She says. I look to the ground in thought. I feel her pat my shoulder and I look up to see her smile gently at me then walks off to Cloudjumper. I watch them fly off and think about what she said.