Start of Something New

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I look down at myself as I smooth out my white dress. Today's the day. Hiccup and I are going to get married. After the dragons left, New Berk had been officially established. Buildings were being built and everyone have been steadily adapting to their new lives. Dragon trappers were now completely gone and with the dragons safe in the Hidden World, everything had finally calmed down. I hear a knock on the door, "Come in." I answer. I look back to see Astrid enter the room and she smiles at me. "Wow. Look at you." She says, closing the door behind her and walks over to me. I smile shyly. "Never in my life would I have ever had the honor of being the Maid of Honor to the Chief's bride." She says, helping me with my hair as I look out a window.

It was covered with snow and looked to be something out of a dream. I let out a sigh, "I never imagined it to be like this. Or really, it ever happening." I confess. "You know, I never really said this to you, but I love how you look with your hair down. It is absolutely gorgeous." Astrid says. I giggle softly, "Are you flattering me or teasing me?" I asks her. I feel her adjust my hair one more time then feel her place her hands on my shoulders. I look over at her as I see her give me a genuine smile, "I mean it. (Y/N) you look absolutely stunning. The fact that my best friend is an amazing fighter and a beautiful person inside and is about to get married to a great person, makes me happy." She says to me.

I feel myself become emotional at her words and quickly blink away any tears that formed in my eyes. "Thank you, Astrid. I am so glad to have you as a sister." I tell her, giving her a thankful smile. Astrid smiles back at me, but then there was a knock and she moved away from me. "I'll see you later." She tells me then goes to answer the door. It was Valka. Astrid moves to let her in then she leaves the room and closes the door. Valka looks at me and I move myself to face her. She has a hand on her chest as she looks at me with a motherly smile. Motherly. "Well, look at you." I look up as Valka walks up to me, "Ever since I first met you, I knew you were perfect for my son." She says.

I look down at the ground, smiling shyly from her statement. "I never thought I would see the day that my son would get married and now that it is happening, I am glad to know that you two will have a happy marriage." I look up as she looks at me with a soft smile. "Thanks, Valka." I say to her. She walks over to a desk and pick up a crown of (F/C) flowers. She walks up to me and I close my eyes as she carefully places it on my head. "Almost ready, dear?" I open my eyes to look at her. "Almost. Just need some time to myself first." I answer. She nods her head then leaves the room.

I look down at myself then look over at the black fur with golden plates on the shoulders that I am going to wear. But then I over at the bag that contained my mother's necklace. I walked over, reach into the bag and take out the necklace. I put it on and caress the (G/S) as I inhale deeply. This would be the closest I will have to having my parents be with me on this special day. I take a deep breath and put on the black fur cape. I make sure it won't fall off and adjust the golden shoulder pads. I take one paste breath then make my way to the door. I grab the handle to the door, "Here we go." I whisper to myself then open the door.

Third Person P.O.V.

As everyone was waiting for the bride to arrive, Hiccup was standing on the platform for which he and (Y/N) would be blessed. His face was calm, but his heart was beating rapidly. He felt a hand on his shoulder as he looked over and sees his mother. Valka gives him a calming smile and he inhales slowly then exhales. Valka removes her hand as she sees her son has calmed down. She looks at her son with proud eyes. Hiccup was dressed in white wedding attire with some golden trimmings. He has a flower crown that was mainly green and wears a black fur cape with golden shoulder pads. They had Night Fury dragon carvings in them that (Y/N) actually carved herself along with the golden armbands Hiccup wore. She even had the idea of both of them wearing black fur capes to represent the two Night Furies so they could still be a part of this monumental day.

But then the crowd parts way to give the bride a path to walk down. When Hiccup lays his eyes on (Y/N) he felt like he was put under a spell for he could not look away. The woman walks down the path as her long (H/C) hair shines from the light of the sun as it flows beautifully. Her (S/C) skin looked to be glowing as well and her dress compliments her perfectly. She wore her black fur cape with the Night Fury carved golden shoulders pad, that made her look strong. He also noticed the (G/S) necklace that glimmers from the light of the sun. But what really stood out in Hiccup's eyes, was her left arm. (Y/N) wanted to have her dress be designed so that her left arm would be exposed, revealing the scars that had long faded but are a part of her very being. She wore a golden armband on her right arm that was covered by the long sleeve of the dress. She held a bouquet of purple, yellow, white, and red flowers as she walks down the aisle.

Hiccup smiles softly as his bright green eyes make contact with (Y/N)'s shining (E/C) ones as she meets him on the wooden platform to stand beside him. She looks at him with a loving smile then hands over the bouquet of flowers to Astrid. The two then stand side-by-side as the ceremony begins and all of Berk watches in silence.

Once it was time, Hiccup and (Y/N) face each other as they hold hands. The two look at each other with adoring smiles then look at Gothi as the elder woman rests a ceremonial clothe over their conjoined hands. She lowers her staff to bless them then smiles at the two as she pulls her staff back. Hiccup and (Y/N) lean towards each other as they seal their marriage with a kiss. "To the Chief and Warrior!" The people cheer as they celebrate. Gobber let out a happy cry for the two, Eret clapped his hands with a wide smile on his face, Snotlout cries and Tuffnut pushes his face into his 'beard' as he continues to shed tears, Fishlegs cries and hugs Ruffnut who hugs him back and smiles.

Hiccup and (Y/N) look at the people of Berk with smiles as they now stand together with as a married couple. Astrid wipes away tears that she had shed as she smiles happily at the two, (Y/N) gives her a smile then looks back at the people of Berk. She and Hiccup still holding hands as they stand together now and forever

Time Skip: Two Months Later

Things have been as peaceful as it could be with a village full of Vikings, but it has been nice. In the Chief's house, (Y/N) finished making dinner as she sets her and Hiccup's meals on the table. She was in a loose-fitting gray dress as she walks over and checks a gift that she is excited to give to Hiccup.

She hears a door open and she goes to greet her husband. "Hey, dear. Welcome home." She says. Hiccup smiles as he puts down a basket and wraps his arms around her. The two share a short kiss before (Y/N) leads him to the table to eat. "Wow, (Y/N), this looks amazing." Hiccup says. "Well, you have been working hard, so I figured you deserved a treat." (Y/N) responds. Hiccup gives her a smile then kisses her cheek in thanks. (Y/N) blushes then walks over to the table.

The two enjoy their meal and make small talk. Once they were done eating, Hiccup put away the dishes as (Y/N) grabs the gift for Hiccup and walks up to Hiccup. She holds the gift behind her as she looks at her husband with wide smile. Hiccup smiles back at her, "What?" He says. (Y/N) then presents him the gift. Hiccup looks at it then takes it as he opens it and sees that there are tiny boots in there. He chuckles a little, "I think these are a little small for me." He jokes, looking at his wife that still had a wide smile. "They aren't for you~" She says. Hiccup looks at the tiny boots with a thinking expression but then his eyes widen as he looks at (Y/N). "A-Are you.... R-R-Really?" He stammers.

(Y/N) takes one of his hands and lays it on her stomach. "Really. You are going to be a dad." She says. Hiccup breathlessly laughs as he puts down the gift on a nearby counter and hug (Y/N) tightly. The two hold each other in a sweet embrace as they quietly celebrate for their soon to be bigger family.

(I hope you liked this chapter. Only two left to go. So Close!)