Meet Grimmel

Third Person P.O.V.

The fire pit lights the room as Hiccup pulls out a book from his bookshelf. He blows away the dust on it and wipes off some it as he turns. He walks closer to the fire pit as he kneels down next to his map, a candle lit to help him see better. He flips through the pages of the book, "All right, all right, come on...." He mumbles, his eyes flickering between the pages to find something. "Give me a clue here. Give me a clue, Dad."

The sound of wood creaking makes Hiccup stop looking through the book. He looks around then hears some growling and snaps his head at Toothless and Twilight, but sees that they are sleeping soundly. He does not let down his guard as he narrows his eyes, he then hears light tapping and turns to see a man pouring himself a drink.

Grimmel. Hiccup rises as he glares at the man, but Grimmel goes about his business. "Oh. I hope you don't mind that I help myself?" The silver-haired man speaks. He takes a sip of his drink and Hiccup draws his sword, igniting it in flames. Grimmel nods with a hum, lowering his drink, "That is impressive." He says in amusement, swishing the liquid in his cup. "But let me finish my drink first. It is quite good."

"I appreciate the compliment." A new voice was heard. (Y/N) walks down the stairs as she gives Grimmel a hard glare, "I made it myself." She says, her voice having a sharp edge to it. "And it is exquisite." Grimmel says. (Y/N) only glares at him and grabs her sword's handle, ready to unsheathe it. Hiccup's eyes flicker between the two until (Y/N) stands next to him and he focuses back on Grimmel.

The two watch the older man as he finishes his drink then pulls out his crossbow and fires two darts at the Night Furies. They strike the dragons through the blanket and they only let out a grunt before going limb. "Toothless!" "Twilight!" Hiccup and (Y/N) gasp in horror. Grimmel sets down the now empty cup down and sighs in appreciation as he walks forward. "What did you do to them?" Hiccup demands, facing Grimmel with a hard glare. Grimmel shrugs, "Eh, nothing they won't sleep off." He replies, approaching Stoick's chair. He chuckles as he sits down in it, making (Y/N) tighten her grip on her sword's handle. Giving the man a death glare as her blood boils.

"May I? Chief Hiccup, hmmm," Grimmel hums, before snickering. "Do I say Chief-" He hiccups mockingly, "or do I call you Hiccup? What do you prefer?" He asks. "You out of Stoick's chair. Now." (Y/N) states in a dangerous tone. Grimmel blinks at her but then chuckles as he slowly stands, smirking at her. "You have quite the fire in you, a warrior's spirit." He says, stalking around the fire. Grimmel was quiet for a moment, Hiccup and (Y/N) still glaring at him. "You have no idea who I am, do you?" He asks.

The two did not reply, Grimmel lets out a short laugh. "Well, your father knew me." He turns and points at Hiccup. "Ah, Chief Stoick. Now, there was a Chief!" He nods, "One of the greatest dragon hunter to have ever lived. I wonder.... What would he think of you?" He questions him. Hiccup remains silent as he watches Grimmel, (Y/N) spares him a glance but then looks back at Grimmel. "He had it right, you know. Making it his mission to destroy the beasts so that you could grow up in a better world." Grimmel says. "A world made at the price of an entire race's blood? You're vile." (Y/N) sneers. "He changed his mind." Hiccup replies, his sword dripping magma as he moves it. "And look where that got him." Grimmel fires back with a smirk, Hiccup's eyes widen as he softly gasps.

(Y/N) unsheathes her sword and points it at Grimmel to keep him quiet, the tip dangerously close to his face. "That was the result of a madman who wanted control. A man who wanted the world to burn because he lost everything. He was weak and closed-minded. You will suffer a grim fate if you don't back down and leave our home and dragons alone." She hisses at Grimmel.

Hiccup gives her a tap on her shoulder to calm her while Grimmel raises a brow, looking at the sword pointed at his face. He had to say, he was impressed. He moves back a bit and (Y/N) slightly lowers her sword. "So, let's get to the point." Grimmel sighs softly, dusting his cloak then faces the two. "I am the Night Fury Killer. I've hunted every last one but yours." He states. Hiccup's eyes widen along with (Y/N)'s as the two look over at their dragons then back at Grimmel. "And you two are going to give me those dragons, or I will-" "We will never give them up!" Hiccup strongly states, interrupting Grimmel and glaring daggers at him.

The older man laughs as he passes by Hiccup, shoving his flaming sword away. "You wish dragons to live free among us like equals?" He questions Hiccup in disbelief. Hiccup breathes heavily in anger as he watches Grimmel and (Y/N) was about to to snap and attack Grimmel. "A toxic notion, my boy. History has shown that we are the superior species," Grimmel continues, walking around the house. "What if word of your misguided ideas spread? It would be the undoing of civilization as we know it." He then stops as his gaze flickers down at Toothless' tail, making him do a double take.

Hiccup and (Y/N) look at each and nod then they look back at Grimmel. The older man kicks the tail, making Fishlegs rise up, "Did we... get him?" He says, a little loopy. The blanket falls off to reveal he was playing both Toothless and Twilight, very detailed made heads to give the illusion of the two actually there and resting. Grimmel watches in surprise and Hiccup takes the opportunity. He uses his sword to knock away Grimmel's crossbow. "Now!" He yells.

Astrid reveals herself from above having been hiding in the beams. Valka bursts through the front door and Gobber enters through the side door. "Sorry to barge in!" Hiccup raises his sword at Grimmel, looking at him with fury, "You think you can come into my home, sit in my father's chair, and threaten our dragons?" He says, anger evident in his tone. (Y/N) stands at Hiccup's side as she raises her Sword at Grimmel too. "You are dealing with Berk. We may be crazy, but we are strong and we do not let anyone threaten us or our dragons." (Y/N) strongly states. "And we have defended our way of life from far worse than you." Hiccup finishes. The two glare down Grimmel as the man looks between the two with a laugh. "Ooh. Two fighting spirits!" He chuckles, "I love it. Only..... I'm afraid you're mistaken. You've never seen anything like me."

He whistles, Astrid looks up with a gasp as she leaps down and lands roughly as the roof caves in, bursting into flames. She shakes head head then gasps as she crawls backwards from a snarling black and crimson dragon with large tusks. A Deathgripper. "Astrid!" (Y/N) yells. The Deathgripper hisses as it lifts its tail and swings it downwards, but, thankfully, Astrid dodges it in time. Grimmel whistles again, another Deathgripper appears from above and attempts to strike Valka with his tail, but she moves away. "Son, get clear!" She shouts.

Astrid scrambles to get away from the two dragons. One of them prepare to spray acid but (Y/N) rushes and readies her sword, she strikes its leg, leaving a large slice, and it shrieks in pain. She moves back and looks around at the collapsing building. "Everyone out! Now!" She orders. Gobber grabs Fishlegs and holds him like a sack of potatoes on his shoulder as he races out of there. Astrid follows after them as a Deathgripper roars at their retreating figures then turns its attention on Valka. It sprays acid at her but Valka uses her shield to protect herself, it melts once the dragon was done.

Hiccup joins his mother while he looks around. "Have both dragons ready when I return!" Grimmel growls as he appears from the smoke with a smirk on his face, "Or I will destroy everything you love!" He looks at (Y/N) for brief moment then back at Hiccup. A beam collapses near the young Chief, distracting him while Grimmel escapes. Hiccup looks around to find (Y/N) but fails to notice another beam about to fall on him. "Hiccup!" Valka shouts at him. But by the time he looks back, he could not move in time and braces himself. But the impact never came and he looks to see the beam has been sliced in two, avoiding him entirely. He looks up to see (Y/N) coughing as she stands where the beam had fallen from. He grabs her arm, the one that did not wield her sword, and he, her, and Valka all rush out of the house. But what they see is far worse.

All of Berk is in flames. A large cloud of smoke forms above from the fire engulfing the buildings on the island. People screaming in the distance and the dragons flying around the island in a panic. Hiccup's eyes widen in horror as he watches his home burn. He feels (Y/N) grasp his hand and squeezes it and he squeezes hers back. (Y/N) was not any better as she watches the horrible scene. Her breath quivers as the horrible scenery reminds her of the night she lost her parents.

Her body shakes in fear but then steels herself as she feel Hiccup squeeze her hand again. The two realized then that this is the biggest threat Berk has faced. Ever.