Maybe when you're not drunk, baby- Alex Summers (Havok)

Character inspiration: Ruth Staude

Abilities: manipulation of floral growth, super hearing, and sight

When he knocked on her door she almost didn't let him in. She and Alex had a huge fight and hadn't spoken in days, but she couldn't find him to talk to. He walked in and just looked deflated, his shoulders sagged, and his leather jacket wrinkled.  She sat down on her bed and he sat beside her, "Ruth" he started shakily, "I've been thinking and... I don't care. About the fight or our differences but I do care about you" he looked into her eyes deeply and thought that would fix it. But it wouldn't.
"Really? Because three days ago we were in a screaming match because you cared so much about both of those things" Ruth said defensively, she was hurt and a half-assed apology wouldn't cut it. He stood as well and took her face in his hands, "I was wrong" she scoffed at Alex's words, he was never wrong.
He brought his lips down on hers and let his tongue take the territory of her mouth, their faces pressing harder against each other. She braced her hands on his chest and he walked them toward her small bunk, she pushed against his chest and he sat down on the edge of the bed. She nudged her knees between his and reconnected her lips, that's when she recognized the taste of vodka on his breath and tongue. She stood slowly and patted his chest, "maybe when youre not drunk we can talk about this" and she walked out of the room.
He slept in Ruth's  bed, soundly with her scent.
She slept in Alex's bed, she was awake most of the night, with his scent.

Word count: 295

Please comment on what you want to read here: