• Panic •

[previous line]

"I slowly got of the awfully uncomfortable bed and made my way towards my bag."

[Chapter 11]

As i approach my bag, time seemed to slow for me, deccelerating. I zip my bag opened, grabbing some food before i go on for today. I reach my hand in, starting to shuffle through out the items, looking for the one i need. After a while of searching, slight irritation took over, not finding the food i had.

I start taking out everything from my bag, basically spilling everything on the ground, unfortunately not finding anything. Is it me that can't find anything or did someone steal it? I remember putting everything i needed in here, hell i even made a list of what i put!
Overwhelmed by this situation, i proseeded to put everything back into my bag, miserably devistated at fact I'm gonna go on today without food, oh god i don't even think today is the last day. I should have placed it somewhere nearer so no one could take advantage.

Mentally slapping myself for this stupidity, i was knocked out from my session of overthinking by amilia "sup are you a'right?"
She raises a brow at me showing slight concern and confusion.
"My food has been stolen.." i sighed heavily.
"Who would ever do that? I'm gonna get their ass!" She cheered, growing eager. "Amilia! Language!" I yelled, not too loud to be heard by everyone in the room.
"Sorry! It's not like I'm a kid anymore dang it" she huffed and looked to the side, annoyed at my statement.

Our conversation, so called argument, was interrupted by rusty creeks from the iron door to the facility, catching everyones attention once again. "Door's opened, better get going" the brunette drags me across the room, exiting quickly, then she come to a stop looking me in my eyes.
"Are we gonna split up or go together like last time?" She spoke plainly.
"But we didn't even get a demand for what we'll-" i was cut off, once again, by the notification of a new task.
"Oh- we'll be collecting food bags-" she drags me again, running across hemlock woods, not giving me time to complete my sentence.
'dang she must be in a good mood to be this energetic' i somewhat thought to myself.
She runs to the hallway, snatching the first bag before anyone gets it. "How many are we supposed to hunt?" She asks as we jumped down the ladder, whereas i fell yesterday.
"Fifteen", "thanks" she smiled at me.
She lowers her speen slowly and let's go of my wrist, breathing uncontrollably heavy.

I hand her a bottle of water, she takes it gently and thanks me, then she looks at forward away from us. "Look, another one"
She dashes down the basement and snatches the bag, running back next to me, chuckling.
I giggle back at her. We had a 2 minute break, chattering and laughing.

It was all fun and games until we heard rough groans far, but not too far, behind us.
Reflex takes over us and we book it out of the basement, running for our lives. We reach the entrance of sublevel A We run to the theater, loud footsteps were heard behind us, meaning we had to run faster and hide.

We ran out of the theater, mostly being dragged by the young brunette.
"Here!" She pulls me in a room, with a windmill and hay stacks, a tree in the left center with a small door. She stops and shoves me into the small door inside the tree, whispering to me "stay here, it'll be safe don't come out until i tell you to" she quickly crouches and hides under the hay stacks, placing the odd box on her.

After an evanescent, which seemingly, lasted for eternity, we heard someone or something walk in. I grew panicked as they got dangerously close to me, not knowing if he can find us or not. Though i had a slightly clearer view from my surroundings from within the tight closure, further more, now i can inspect the creature way better.

The blue figure came in, know as their own color, which ended up with accidental gasp.
I immediately put a hand to my mouth, muting myself, hoping it didn't hear from me.

Inspecting it closer i was able to make out a few things, a crown was placed on its head, stubby feet and hands and it had a button for its, seemingly, scarred left eye.

'so that's what the poster included.... I'll tell her about this later...' i focused on details, paying attention to memorize it, who knows maybe I'll use them some day. After a while of silent panicking, it left for sure,i watched amilia hop out of her hiding spot, then i came out of the hell hole i was trapped in, approaching her.

"You alright?" She asked, brushing her clothes off. "Yes I'm fin-" i was cut off by something catching my attention, we went silent for a moment.

"Heyyyy- amilia?" I said catching her attention, "do you hear that?..." She went silent, looking back at me "no, what did you hear?" , I looked back at her, growing curious and worried "squeaking.."

"Umm... I don't know what that is", a small 'oh' escaped her lips, acknowledging something. "I- i hear it, let's run orrr....". I sure wanted to explore as my curiosity grew bigger, i shook my head slightly. The soft squeaks now getting closer. My reflex took over and i pushed the brunette back into the hay stack, gesturing for her to hide as i ran into the tree's small interior. "That thing definitely isn't human" i whispered to her from my spot, careful with my volume.
"I might kill u-" "Of course it will, nothing here isn't to kill us!" She yelled as silent as a whisper, "ok just keep it down, we don't wanna actually get killed" i whispered back.
Thats when the squeaking was so much louder, meaning what ever it was, it's here.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• Author's note!
Long chapter start from chapter 11, yay! :)