• saver •

[previous line]

"Thats when the squeaking was so much louder, meaning what ever it was, it's here."

[Chapter 12]
•TW: fluff Overload•
// Your pov //

A tall green mascot entered the room, long green arms, razor sharp teeth, slightly shorter fur compared to the other blue mascot, seeming slightly rough.
But something caught my eye observing the creature, grey eyes. Smokey grey eyes... 'Was it blind? I'll also keep that in mind, maybe she knows more about this creature in some way …'.
After a few moments, a thought was brought up to me, if it's somewhat blind, is it harmless? Can i just-

I slightly opened the door to the tree i was in, poking my hand out for a quick experiment, testing if it would notice me and try to capture me.
Noticing amilia, she turned to me is shock, gesturing for me to get back in, which i carelessly didn't listen to.
A while later, i noted that the green creature had no realization towards my clearly wiggling hand, proving it's blindness to me.
I slipped my hand back in, chuckling to myself in progress.
Realization quickly hit me; panicking a bit, i slapped my hand over my mouth, oh god how can i be this stupid- my hearing can to realize that the squeaking stopped... Was it gone?
I peaked from the bijou opening of the door, growing in panic when the creature was frozen in place.
Suddenly turning around, facing my direction, it starts to slowly approach me.

I look towards the brunette, letting out a squeak in panic, asking for quick advice.
She waves her hands in a panicked way, gesturing for me to get in any close the door, fully secured.

The creature came dangerously close against the door, seemingly trying to feel it's fingers across the door, desperately looking for any entrance.

"Oh no no no no-no-no-no-" i panic, pushing myself against the wall behind me, as it softly pulls at the edges of the door, making me a terrified mess.
It all came to a pause when i heard amilia whisper from afar, causing the mascot to stop it's mayhem and slowly walk towards the source of sound.

Calming down a bit, i slid off the wall, sitting on the floor in a crouching position.
I sigh in relief, but remember that amilia was now to be in the situation.
I lightly pounce on the door, watching the scenery ahead, more panic.

Growing panicked, i watch Amilia stand a few feet away from the green mascot, slowly walking out of it's way, carefully dodging it's long arms.
The creature continue to walk straight to where the brunette used to be, not even realizing she was not there.
After a while, it left the room for good.
I take a deep breath, calming myself down but roughly coughing once after, due to the sudden burning in my throat.

My legs act like whining children refusing to do their assignments, while i try to get off the floor.
Amilia appears to be, now infront of me, offering me a helping hand; which i take in full acceptance, pushing my weight onto it, slowly rising off the ground.

"Thanks... Haha, You're a life saver!" i gave her a genuine, soft smile.
"No problem, it's nothing really..." She wavered her hands in shy motion, as we walked out of the damned room; when silence took over once again.

... "Actually... Thank you for saving my life back there.. i wouldn't have been alive by now.." i broke the awkward silence, once again, she smiled warmly at me.
"Bruh you don't need to thank me this much, you're my bestie, and it's my job to protect you!" She cheered, suddenly embracing me in a tight, warm hug.
I fondle her head gently, hugging her back.

"Thank you, really... You're literally the best friend i could ever afford!" Once again thanking her for saving my butt back there, we speed-walked towards the theater, walking back into the coal mine tunnel.

[Time skipppp (⁠๑•⁠ ᴗ •๑⁠)]
//3rd~person//

>> At the theater >>

Finally after a long while of walking, Amilia and Y/N managed to collect 13 bags of dog food, now they were just loading up the food dispenser, opening each bag and spilling the snacks into the hollow tubes in complete silence. "How many bags are left?" The young brunette begun, as Y/N checked the notifications; "we got 14 out of 15, the only one left is that in your hands right now." Y/N replied plainly, referring to the bag.

"Ah, yes.. There goes the last bag!" The young teen cheered happily as she poured it in, tossing it the bag in great relief. "Would you look at that! We are done!" She continued to cheer happily, as Y/N laughed along. The moment of slight celebration continued for a few more second, slowly stopping once they realized how the place suddenly seems too quiet; but it didn't take long for a few people to join the room, knowing the task was once again complete.

"Boy we did a lot today" she grinned happily. "Oh yeah- i wanted to ask you-"; "alrighty, what's up?" The brunette inquired happily, waiting for Y/N to speak up. "Um .. the green mascot.... Ah yes, green!- is it blind?" Y/N slightly stammered, showing slight worry in their intonation.
"Oh- you weren't fully awake last night, were you?, 'Mr. Anonymous' announced it back then." Amilia quoted at the nickname.
"My bad... I must've passed out when i hit the bed..." Apologized Y/N, causing Amilia to wave her hands in a comforting manner.

People begun heading the back to the so called lobby, recharging for the unknown of next day, noises replacing silence for good.

After a few slow minutes of horridly lazy walking across the map, they made their reappearance to the main cell. Entering one by one, the door was roughly shut right behind them with a light startle to the small crowd.

Amilia and Y/N then sat each on the bunk bed. That's when the world seemed to slowly spin around in Y/N's eyes, as she wondered briefly if her non- existant lunch was to ever make a reappearance.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• Hello again my dandelions! I hope you've enjoyed this one because alot of things are to await you!! 🦋
Also a schedule change, updates now every Saturday! Love y'all have a nice day <3