Chapter 8: The Fingertips

Atsushi was not having a good day, on the contrary Dazai was having an excellent day so far. Dazai was currently dangling from the side of a building, a gleeful smile on his face. As long as he got enough velocity he should hit the pavement with enough force to kill him. He would die quickly and only have to worry about the time he spent falling.

Atsushi was currently trying to keep that from happening.

"Dazai-San! Please for goodness sake get up from there." Atsushi yelled cupping his hands together around his mouth to reach the man.

"But it's my birthday Atsushi, the perfect day to die!" It would all come full circle, death date and birth date on June 19th, wouldn't that be something. Or at least Dazai thought it would be poetic.

"Dazai-San!" Atsushi really didn't know how to respond to this information and over all he really didn't want to be in charge of this. Why couldn't Kunkidia-San talk the brunette off the ledge instead of him.

"How about you just let the traitor fall so I can snipe in peace, hm, Sushi-San." Keomi was entering the rooftop from the stairs entrance, her hair falling down from its usual bun trimming around her face with her winter hat.

"Key-o-mi-Chan! Hi, Hi!" Dazai spoke from his spot on the ledge looking up at the girl that they had seen significantly more of recently.

Keomi, to her utter dismay, always found herself near the traitor and his protege. It annoyed her to no end watching Sushi-San, her nickname for the puppy dog of the agency, try to save the traitor from his latest suicide attempt. They had encountered each other nearing ten times this month, each time when she was on a solo sniping mission. It was suspicious but Keomi never dwelled on it, it was their business on how they choose to spend there time. So long as they didn't interfere with her work.

"Shizuka-San, please stop calling me that." Atsushi spoke watching her like he had done the other ten times he had seen her. Each and every time it seemed like more of the light he had seen in her the first time they had met was fading more.

Atsushi had asked Dazai if they should alert the President or try to capture her. Dazai always shook his head and told his protege not to worry because everything would turn out as it was supposed to.

"Never Sushi-San." Keomi activated her ability and pale purple crystals surrounded her power radiating off of her.

"Key-o-mi-Chan! I'm here to!" Dazai spoke trying to draw the girls attention to him, she ignored him just shaking her head and muttering, 'Obnoxious.'

"I heard that Keomi-Chan! Come now is that the way to talk to someone whose about to die!" Dazai shouted but Keomi ignored the pair, knowing that Sushi-San was trying to coax Dazai back onto the roof once more.

She looked for her target using the  .

She had made a crystal projectile, around the size of a bullet, to stump the police in the area. It look would look like a gun shot, but they would never find the bullet. They would never find a gun to match it to.

She breathed in once, exhaling while her eyes zigzagged violently until finally they landed on there target. An elderly man, a leader of a small drug ring that was making problems for the mafia. She didn't have to even throw the bullets, all she had to do was imagine the bullet flying through the air.

It was that simple. All in her mind. But she made quick work of it. Creating the bullet and then sending it into the air right into the man's chest. Into his heart. As quick as a snap of one's fingers. She deactivated her ability making the bullet disappear and watched the madness that ensued below them.

"Shizuka-San!" Atsushi protested noticing what the girl had done, but it was too late.

Keomi turned and began to walk away from the pair but stopped for a moment. She turned her neck enough that Sushi-San could see her face. Then she spoke, "Hurry up and die traitor so no one has to deal with you anymore."