Chapter 9: The Back

"What happened to her family?" Atsushi had asked looking towards Dazai who normally had all of the answers, and who choose to typically keep those answers hidden until asked point blank. Dazai faced the rest of the room all of them waiting to see if he knew the answer.

"Around Six months ago someone came after her and her family in the middle of the night. Somehow she ended up stranded here and her family disappeared." Dazai spoke simply and didn't elaborate very far.

The Boss, Mori, had been on edge for the past two weeks and every member of the port mafia was feeling it. None more so then Akutagawa. Mori had grown so angry at his failure that he transferred Keomi's training to the only other member that she knew, for the time being. Chuuya.

Keomi hadn't seen Akutagawa in those two weeks and she was feeling progressively more guilty as time passed. She heard the whispers that softened as she walked by. People were talking about Akutagawa being tortured as easily and as often as one would talk about the weather. When she walked past the would talk softer knowing he had been the one training her.

Chuuya had been relentless with one principle in his training and decently lax on the rest. They had been training her stamina, something that Chuuya had apparently been pressing Akutagawa about it ever since she passed out in his arms. Instead of normal training she would be banned from missions, as per Chuuya's orders not Mori's, until she could use her ability for 96 hours straight.

It was a daunting task but she continued to attempt it for the past week and a half. She always got to 72 hours when her ability began to wane and cause her to pass out from exhaustion. She was currently on hour 71 and was finding it increasingly harder to keep her ability armor going.

She needed to go out on a mission and push herself to her limits. Get in a dangerous situation that would wake her up. Except Chuuya wouldn't allow her on any missions until she completed her training. Which meant that she would have to find her own mission if she really needed it.

And goodness help her she needed it.

She had asked around and found that most operatives couldn't use there ability that long. Most of them could only use their ability for around twelve hours at a time. Anything over that and they would pass out from exhaustion. Which made her wonder how long executives could use their abilities without passing out.

The only thing was she didn't know any executives besides Chuuya. Which meant this information was currently unavailable to her for the time being.

It was ridiculous that he expected her to heavily use her ability for 96 hours straight. Keeping it alive even when she was asleep.

Keomi walked along the dock trying to find something to do, anything really that would keep her awake. She could barely keep her eyes open, someone needed to attack her. Anything would do. She just needed someone, something, to fight.

Like a prayer has been answered the next thing she knew there was one weretiger flying through the air. He slammed into the railing that kept the ocean at bay. The bars bent underneath the force and he let out a strangled gasp. His eyes raised as blood ran down the side of his face as a gash opened across his forehead.

She started towards him knowing she was probably getting involved in business that she didn't belong in. But, so long as it wasn't apart of the mafia's doing then it would be fine. That was until she saw who the weretiger was fighting. The man was shrouded in a dark mist with a black mask over his face. His eyes were as black as the mask he wore and black rings were circling his body.

She staggered back in shock as fear gripped her heart and she let out a small whimper. The man, she assumed he was a man, seemed to smile from the mask. Even if she couldn't see him, somehow she knew he was smiling a malicious smile that chilled her to the bones.