Chapter 10: The Memory

Atsushi and Dazai didn't see Keomi again. At least not for awhile. Two months had passed by like the wind and yet for once Dazai's contacts had come up dry. It was simply like she had disappeared. Atsushi had been angry with Dazai that he hadn't woken him up when Shizuka had woken. But no one was more furious than the president. Everyone had gotten a large earful about how he specifically had asked that she was brought here the next time they encountered her. Not only that but she had been here and no one had alerted him.

Since then everyone had been on the lookout for the girl to do the very thing that they had failed at in the first place. Not only was Keomi missing but it appeared that Akutagawa had completely disappeared as well.

Little did they know there was a very gruesome link between those two facts. One they wouldn't find until over a month later.

When Keomi finally made her way to the port mafia after passing out at the agency Chuuya had been there to meet her. He watched as she came in her ability off. He shook his head wordlessly in disappointment.

"You know the deal Spark-" Chuuya began mocking as a smirk threatened to pull up his lips. Instead Keomi cut him off sending a crystal dagger towards his head. Chuuya barely moved his head allowing the dagger to fly right past him hitting the wall and clattering to the ground.

"Fuck off Shortie." Keomi passed Chuuya not even sparing another glance at him. She stalked away heading towards her rooms for the rest of the day.

She waited a few minutes until reaching into the hidden compartment and bringing out her book. She flipped through the pages trying to get that question Dazai had asked her out of her head.

She knew what the true answer was to that question. It wasn't some philosophical answer about the past being in the past. She wished with everything in her that she could go back.

But she couldn't.

As the old saying goes, she had made her bed and now she has to lie in it.

Every kill in this book... maybe these people would still be alive. Or perhaps they would've died all the same just at the hands of another agent.

Two sharp knocks were heard at the door and slowly she raised her eyes towards it. A sigh passed through her lips. Why couldn't anyone leave her alone.

"Sparks, come on the boss needs you." She heard Chuuya's voice from beyond the door. She hadn't seen the boss since she had begun training with Chuuya.

"Coming Shortie!" She yelled back hearing his sounds of protest through the door. She slipped her book back in its spot and placed her coat back around her body.

The moment she placed the coat on she was struck by the lingering smell of that traitor once more. How was she supposed to continue with her life if he was always reminding her of what she was? Constantly making herself prove it.

She opened her door coming face to face to Chuuya a smirk tilting up her lips. She raised her eyebrows at him as if to ask if he was going to fight her on the short comment from early. Now that the door wasn't protecting her.

"Come along my little protege, I've discussed with the Boss and we've decided to give you a little treat." Chuuya spoke simply although Keomi couldn't help but wonder why he looked the way he did.

He wasn't smirking.

He wasn't in his usual joking mood.

He didn't move with that swagger in his step.

"Alright." Keomi didn't allow her reservations to come through her voice instead she simply followed the man.

"Ah Keomi-Chan! Come in, Come in!" The Boss spoke happily when the two entered a part of the warehouse that she had never been able to go into. She looked around curiously until her eyes fell upon someone she had been dying to see.