Chapter Four: The Mind

Keomi woke up the following morning dead on her feet, she had gotten close to three hours of sleep and was now expected to function normally. She had suffered through more nightmares in those three hours then any other time in her life. It was four in the morning and she glanced at the two coats that hung on her chair. Her own with little splats of blood and then Chuuya's, which she had taken in a rage last night.

Which meant she would be forced to see the man again. Lovely.

She didn't know what their mission would entail so she decided to go with her more usual look. She wore a dark colored sweater and... she glanced at her coat. Could she really wear a coat with little splotches of blood on it? If they were infiltrating it wouldn't matter. But if they were trying to blend in then she probably wouldn't be able to bring it.

She took it to the sink trying to scrub the blood out of the jacket, which she managed but then her coat was soaked. It wouldn't dry in time and she could try a hair dryer but she really didn't want to damage it. She glanced at the coat that Chuuya had given her the night before. It was his fault that she even had the option of wearing it and it wasn't like he was going to come by for it this early in the morning.

She sighed going to slip on his coat because his coat was better than no coat at all. It was longer than her normal coat, but because he was so short in stature it fit pretty well. A knock on the door sounded throughout the room, which she quickly answered.

Akutagawa stood at the door, glancing up and down at her outfit. He tilted his head at her his eyebrow going up slightly. Their outfits looked extremely similar considering the kind of coat she was wearing.

"Ready to go Aku?" She spoke with a small smile on her face, which caused Akutagawa to let out a whispered 'Ch'.

"Glad that you're on time at least." Akutagawa remarked turning around and heading down the hallway, not checking to see if his protege was behind him or not.

"Oi! That was one time!" Keomi ran after the man yelling in retort. She had only been late to one training practice and that was only because she could barely move in the first place. It had been early on in her training and her body, while fit for her impending police training, was not strong enough to support her ability for hours on end.

Keomi had spent three days at her new place of residence, today was here second day of training. Akutagawa had told her they would be seeing how far she could go today. While it worried the girl she also was curious to what all that entailed.

Keomi arrived before Akutagawa, so she decided to get in some light stretching. So far training hadn't been too difficult, now that her ability had fully manifested. She didn't have complete control over it yet, but she understood the basic mechanics of how it worked.

She could conjure a numerous amount of items from her crystals. The majority of her ability focused on her mind, how sharp she was, how creative she was, and how easily she could block out distractions. The last one was the hardest part, because she had to pay attention without letting her foundation crumble.

"Kurisutaru." Her ability never summoned crystals by itself, her ability simply gave her the tools she needed to create more. She didn't know how many crystals she could make or how large of a structure she could conjure. These would be things to test later.

Keomi spread her footing until her feet were shoulder width apart. Her arms brought up allowing crystals to float around her arms. If she touched her crystals they would shatter, something Akutagawa said she would have to work on if she wanted stay at the port mafia.

She swirled the tiny crystals around her over and over repeating the movement while trying to create more crystals. She continued to repeat the movement this time throwing her arm forward making the crystals strike out like a whip. Keomi nodded to herself, that could do nicely.