Chapter Two: The Eyes

(Your point of view)

"Alright then, the first thing we need to establish is the baseline of your abilities. Both offensively and defensively." Perhaps Akutagawa had underestimated his pupils luck when he decided to bring her out from the port mafia onto the streets after only a week of training.

In that week they had created a shaking baseline which was that her ability was able to contort to the whims of the user. Just muttering her ability, Kurisutaru, would make thousands upon thousands of crystal particles to surround the user. Shizuka, with much concentration, could use though particles to manipulate their forms. Making the crystals into shields, swords, and extensions of her body. Much like Rashomon.

Akutagawa, against Chuuya's advice, took Shizuka to one of the rooftops that Akutagawa frequented. Wanting to test how she held say, if he threw her off of a roof. He could always save her, should he need to after all. Perhaps he hadn't anticipated that he would be there. Though, knowing the suicide maniac, perhaps he picks up on suicidal tendencies like a magnet.

"Shizuka." Akutagawa only gave her the amount of time of calling her name for her to prepare as he shoved her off of the roof, she hadn't know he would do this.

The wind was harshly knocked out of her as she went barreling off of the roof. The air whipped around her and she couldn't breathe, oh how she couldn't breathe, even with so much air around her. She watched Akutagawa getting slightly smaller, the building having only been five stories tall. She didn't have much time to activate her ability, if she wanted to not be serious injured at least.

But she couldn't seem to form the words to summon her crystal particles, the words gone with the wind. Maybe the man had realized she wasn't going to save herself. Maybe he had just been faster than Akutagawa. Either way, one moment she was falling and the next she in white tuffs of...

Fur?

She glanced up as the furry man began to leap back up the building and only then did she really take in her 'savior'. His eyes were a yellowish purple color that were bizarre and wild. His hair whipped around him wildly but what really got to her was the kind smile he held on his face.

Then she was on the roof again before she could question anything and yet this time she and Akutagawa had company. One of which was still holding her and now that she was on solid ground again she struggled against the person's grasp.

"Ma'am please stop struggling I'm trying to save you from Akutagawa." Keomi looked closer at the furry armed person, he was just a kid. An ability user for sure, but a kid none the less.

"Why on earth would I need saving from him, he may be an idiot but he's also my friend." The words slipped from her mouth before she ever really recognized what she was implying about her teacher. The Tiger man dropped her looking at her in shock, only then did Keomi glance at the other man who was on the roof with them.

He had brown hair that flowed with the wind, his coat long behind him, and an obscene amount of bandages wrapped around his arms. His eyes were piercing her very being as he stared at her.

Keomi had created her own sort of image, kind of like Akutagawa, she wore a big black coat, a light weight white blazer, and a red turtleneck sweater. A white mask on her face and a red scarf wrapped around her neck. She had very little skin showing, giving few details to her foe about her body's fitness.

"Mori asked you to train her?" The man turned from her looking towards Akutagawa, the two men simply stared at each other held in a silent battle of wills for some reason.

"Yeah, she's got potential." Keomi's eyes went from the Brown haired man to Akutagawa, who had not said whether or not she had been doing good this week or not.