Chapter One: The Hands

All she could truly remember were his eyes as smoke filled the room. His eyes were as black as the night sky, the rest of his face was not visible due to the mask he wore. He had entered the house by kicking the door off its hinges.

Keomi's Father was the first to go for the gun that sat on top of the cabinets in the kitchen. Her Mother went towards my little brother and sister, ushering them towards the back door. Black glowing rings suddenly appeared around the man who was dressed fully in black.

"Suki, Tatsuo to the back." Her mother told them, trying to get towards the door.

Compared to her siblings Keomi had always been the best shot out of them. She had hoped to follow her father's footsteps and join the Police academy. It was always understood in her house that if father's work followed him home... She would be the one to help protect the family with dad.

Suddenly smoke began to spew from his hands and filled there small one level home. The smoke made everything hard to see, Keomi quickly tried to find her Father. But everything was getting so... dizzy... what was she... do-

"Vanishing out of the crystal blue." She faintly heard her mother's voice, it was weak and frail, coming from behind to the left.

Keomi's body stopped responding as her eyes began to close. She barely registered anything as her body hit the ground and her consciousness finally slipped away. Succumbing to the sleep her body so desperately desired.

She did not see the pained, conflicted face of her mother as green rings flowed around her. Her mother's hand reaching out towards her daughter, allowing her ability to whisk away her oldest. Her mother, Aya, despised all abilities. She had not used her own ability since she was fifteen years old. Aya had wondered if she would have even been able to teleport her own daughter out of the house.

Her mother had made a difficult choice, knowing that she had only enough energy to teleport one of her children away. Still, it wasn't a difficult choice almost, because she knew out of all her children that her oldest was the only one equipped with surviving on the streets. The only one with the ability to save then.

Because it hadn't been her husband's work who had followed him home. But her past.

When Keomi finally awoke she found herself near a river in the middle of a city. Dazed she struggled to find her footing, but everything was still spinning. The city was buzzing with night life as the sun had finally set on the city. Keomi, realizing that hours had past, looked around rapidly wondering where she was.

That occurred over three months ago and since then she had lived on the tough streets of Yokohama. She only had the clothes she had been wearing that day, a loose t-shirt and shorts. She had only socks to cover her feet, since her mother did not allow shoes in the house.

Keomi often dug through the dumpster bins of restaurants in her area to find her meals every night. Keomi's 'area' was two blocks near the river, she had found that there was minimal crime and plenty of restaurants nearby.

Currently Keomi was digging through a bakeries dumpster for the leftovers from the night before. She ripped open another trash bag with her tool, which was a piece of glass duct taped to a broken piece of wood. Fortune finally had smiled on her, she thought. She had found the trash bag of leftovers.

'Clink' Keomi froze still as she heard the sound of a metal can being kicked in the alleyway she was in. She breathed shallowing closing her eyes hoping that no one found her. The city was not kind to sewer rats, they did not appreciate people digging around on their property. Even if it is their trash.