8: Sleepover Pt.1

The week passed by quickly with Violetta giving her feelings towards Maya little thought, deciding that only time can tell what their friendship becomes, if it does become anything.

When the clock in her bedroom struck 4:30 in the afternoon, Violetta rushed downstairs and waited by the door for Maya to arrive. When she was questioned by her mother, she simply smiled and pointed at the clock. Getting the hint, her mum left her to it and got back to cooking dinner. 

About ten minutes later, Maya knocked on Violetta's front door and the girl smiled happily, quickly opening the door and beckoning the girl to come inside. 

"Hey!" Maya beamed, noticing how excited and happy Violetta's eyes were. Maya looked into the kitchen and waved at Violetta's mother politely. "Thank you for having me!" She called as she kicked her shoes off quickly. Violetta's mum waved back, smiling. 

"You're welcome here anytime!" She winked with a small laugh. Violetta's head spun around to look at her mother and she placed her finger on her lips, telling her not to be obvious. She turned back to her friend with a small smile and pulled her up to her bedroom. 

The two girls sat on Violetta's bed in silence for a while. Violetta grabbed her notebook and began writing something. 

- What should we do first? 

Maya read the question with a low hum, thinking. "We can just chat or play a game. The fun comes later!" Maya smiled as Violetta nodded. 

- What did you want to play? 

Maya smiled, a bit of mischief glinting in her eyes. "Truth or Dare." She spoke. Violetta tilted her head in confusion, unsure of how to play this game. After a quick explanation from her friend, she nodded her head. 

"Truth or Dare, Vi?" Maya asked first. Violetta scribbled on her notebook quickly.

- Truth. 

Maya smiled as she thought for a while. "What was the last thing you searched for on your phone?" She finally asked, crossing her legs in a little basket on Violetta's bed. 

Violetta took her phone out and looked at her search history before turning the phone towards Maya so she could see. The most recent search on the teen's phone was: 'Sleepover ideas'. However, what caught Maya's eye were the words right below, which read: 'How to know if you have romantic feelings for a woman'. 

Maya's smile faltered a little, but she plastered on a smile and nodded. "Well, I have plenty of ideas what we can do during our sleepover, so you have nothing to worry about." She grinned. Violetta smiled back. 

-Truth or Dare?

Maya thought before answering. "Truth." Violetta nodded and began to write a question. By her fast writing and knowing what exactly she was going to write without much hesitation, it was clear that she had a few questions piled up for Maya to answer. 

-Do you only like boys?

Maya read the question and looked at Violetta curiously. The girl looked away quickly, hiding her flushed cheeks. Paired with the search on Violetta's phone and this sudden question, Maya could tell that Violetta either needed dating advice or that she had a little 'thing' for her friend. However, Maya also thought that was a bit of a stretch. Afterall, how could someone like Violetta like her?

"I only ever had a thing for guys..." Maya began, watching Violetta's expression change from embarrassed and curious to upset and nervous. "But I wouldn't mind dating another girl." Violetta nodded slowly at the answer and made a mental note of her friend's answer. 

"Truth or Dare?" Maya asked next. Violetta glanced up at Maya and wrote 'Dare' on her paper with a small smile. She was unsure of what that meant exactly, and she reasoned that the best way to find out is to choose it next. "I dare you to show me an embarrassing photo of yourself." Violetta blushed at the request and shook her head. 

"Oh, come on." Maya coaxed a little. "It's a dare. you have to do it." Maya grinned at the girl's reaction. Violetta rolled her eyes at Maya's words and stood up, searching through her photo albums. 

After a while, she pulled out a photo of herself that her mother took when she was little. In the photo, she is awkwardly standing on stage during a school play, dressed as one of the donkeys during the Nativity at her old elementary school. 

Maya laughed at the photo and wiped her eyes. "You looked adorable!" She chimed. Violetta snatched the photo back from the girl and shoved it back into one of her photo albums. She sat back on the bed with a small smile. 

"Girls? Dinner is ready!" Violetta's mother called from the stairs. At the words, the two girls scrambled up and went downstairs. They sat down at the dining table in the living room as Violetta's mum began to bring out a full feast from the adjacent kitchen. Violetta looked at the table and then back at her mother, questioning the amount of food. 

"Oh. I thought that you probably won't sleep much since you're having a sleepover and it's the weekend. I made more to keep left-overs for when you two get hungry at night." She smiled as she sat down at the head of the table and picked some food from the many bowls and began to eat quietly.