Chapter 7

SpongeBob POV:
          "I'm glad I got to do this with you," I say after catching my breath, "but what happens now? What will become of us going forward?"
          "I have no idea," Squidward pauses for a minute, "I don't think we should tell anyone."
          "Especially Patrick. If he finds out, he'd be livid." I turn to Squidward in concern, "I don't want him to know."
          "I wasn't planning on telling him, but good to know. I hate to leave so soon, but I think I should be heading back home." Squidward sits up and turns his head to me, "I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow." He gets dressed and heads toward the door.
          "Yeah, I guess I'll see you around." I tell him, trying to savor his presence.

Squidward POV:
          "Bye SpongeBob." I say as I leave his house. I just hope nobody sees me returning home this late.
          I return home to see my front door slightly ajar, please don't be anyone here to hurt me. I slowly open the door, and turn the lights on to find someone at my kitchen table, their back towards me.
          "Your finally home." They say so calm that it's almost unnerving. "I was wondering when you'd be back from that yellow idiots house."
          "Who are you? How'd you get into my house?" I question as I hesitantly walk towards the stranger.
          "Do you seriously not remember an old friend? Especially one from band camp? I guess the cash register is really getting to you, Squidy." Turning around to meet my gaze, Squilliam Fancyson, my childhood friend and longtime rival.
          "Why are you here? At this hour?" I stutter, "shouldn't you be off directing a play or a concert or something?" I look at him in confusion.
          "Enough with the questions, Squidy, it doesn't matter how I got here, why I'm here, or even how I broke in. What matters is that I want you. That imbecile of a sponge beat me to you. No matter, your here now. What do you say? Would you want to fool around, for old times sake?" Squillium walks to me, takes my hands in his and tells me, "I know it's been a while, but your one of the few people I've been with, and I want try to make something of this rivalry. Please."
          I gently pull my hands away and inch back a bit. I look at him with care that yearns for the past, "I'm sorry Squillium, but I don't think you actually want this. I don't want to be with someone who puts their work first. There's many reasons why we didn't work then, and I don't think we'd work out now. I want to try to be with someone who cares more about my needs than getting overtime. I think that might be SpongeBob. But I won't know unless I try to go for it. I'm sorry Squillium, but I think it's time for you to go home." I walk to the front door and hold it open for him.
          "I'm sorry, I guess I'll just see you around." Squillium says awkwardly as he leaves.
          "Maybe, or maybe not." I tell him, holding back tears of nostalgia. I close the door and start getting ready for bed.

Patrick POV:
          I see someone that looks like Squidward leave his house, so I decided to question him. "Who the hell are you?"
          "Squillium, not that it's any of your business." He angrily exclaims, while wiping away tears. "I was just leaving anyway."
          "Did Squidward hurt you? If he did, I can beat him up if you want." I offer.
          "No, it's okay. Thanks though. He told me things that I already kind of knew. I was just leaving anyway." He starts walking away.
          "Does it have to do with him and SpongeBob?"
          He stops in his tracks, sighs, and turns around, "it doesn't matter. Me and Squidward aren't going to be together, he's to focused on SpongeBob."
          "Well, I want SpongeBob, and you want Squidward. What if we work together to find a way to tear them apart?" I cautiously ask, hoping he would would agree.
          "I....... I don't know, I'd have to think about it." He replies doubting my skills.
          "Well just think about, and get back to me about it. Here's my number in case you want to go through with it." I write my number on a scrap piece of paper. "I hope I'll be hearing from you, Squillium."
          Squillium walks away in confusion of what just went down. I return home to start writing up ideas to break up what could possibly be my worst nightmare yet, SpongeBob and Squidward dating.