Frosty Red x Reader /Fluff\ - Winter's Kiss

Requested by algebraicaitrix

^ Holy fuck, this user was hard to type on laptop-

-

Surviving atop the peak of Mt. Silver was insanely hard. Even with my insanely powerful Typhlosion, Vulcan, I was barely warm. My Umbreon, Lunar, had fainted long ago. Along with the rest of my teammates. My Ampharos, Beacon, my Politoed, Lily, my beloved Quagsire, Kipper, and even the legendary Lugia had fallen. It was just down to me and Vulcan. I felt horrible for him, as he looked as if he were in extreme pain. But no matter how many times I tried, he wouldn't stay in his ball. I'm not too sure why, but he was trying his damn hardest to keep me warm. Maybe he was repaying me for our friendship? Either way, I had finally approached the very top of the humongous mountain. And standing there, seemingly unfazed by the sheer cold weather, stood the former Kanto champion, Red.

He had been my idol for at least a decade. But now, I was finally getting the chance to meet the mysterious trainer face-to-face. ". . ." He never spoke, just as many people have said, but as he turned around to face me, having sensed my presence, I could see a firey glint in his eyes. I knew that he knew what I wanted; a battle. He silently sent out a wounded Charizard, and the battle began.

By the end of the battle, Vulcan was almost gone, but with one final blow, I took out his eerie Pikachu with a single shot, and fainted it, winning the battle. Red gave me a silent nod, seemingly proud. But this moment of mine soon ended when I blacked out, collapsing and fainting because the blizzard had become too much for my body to handle. As I fell, I watched as Red ran to me, but blanked pretty quickly.

I woke up hours later, and to a zombified Red staring me right in the eyes, his glowing crimson ones showing no hostility, but rather, concern. As if he was startled from me passing out so suddenly. ". . . !" Of course, that changed once he realised that I was waking up from my slumber. He rushed over to me -- quite suddenly, mind you -- and hugged me tightly. Or rather, he attempted to, given that he was missing a few limbs, being an arm and a leg. I was quite surprised, given that the Kanto champion was showing me such affection, and in such a manner.

"Erm.. Thanks for saving me, but.." ". . . ?" "Why did you save me? You didn't exactly have a reason to, after all." Red seemed to chuckle, as he turned his head to look in a very specific direction. Following his gaze, I saw my whole team, healed up, and alive again! (Or, somewhat, anyhow) Even Vulcan had his bright flames back once more. Turning to the silent trainer, I thought to myself, "Did Red heal them up in such a way?" Seemingly reading my mind, Red nodded silently once more, and met my gaze with pride. Dammit, I could kiss him. I honestly didn't mind the frozen and rotting flesh of the mystery champ, I just wanted to show my gratitude to him.

Thus, without a second thought, and without any doubt lingering in the back of my mind, I'd planted a kiss right onto his zombified lips, quite seriously enjoying myself. I pulled away after a few moment, to be greeted with the hilarious sight of a flustered living corpse. Giggling a bit, I got quickly pinned by Red, whom of which had a mischievous smirk upon his face. Lifting up the bottom of my sweater with one hand, Red slid himself into the sweater with me, forcing us to wear it together. I laughed at his innocent antics, and kissed his head, which, although rotting, still had soft hair. Out of nowhere, his appearance changed once more, to the Red I was battling before I had passed out. Regardless of appearance, Red was still cute. He'll always be cute to me. Sliding down both of his arms down each of the sleeves of the sweater, Red began to hold my hands firmly, yet softly. A reassuring grip that was not to be resisted.

I loved him. And, by the looks of it, he loved me, too. Snuggling his head in the space beneath my chin, Red started to get comfier on me. And I was perfectly okay with getting comfy underneath him as he snuggled me like this. Squeezing his hands gently 3 times in one succession, I silently gave him a calm 'I love you'. He quickly returned the gesture, like he was afraid of losing me. I quickly gave him a small peck on the lips, which he happily returned with a small, yet confident smile. And as my eyes closed, and I drifted off to sleep, I could have sworn Red muttered quietly,

"Sweet dreams, babe. Thanks for the winter kisses."

<<End>>