Glitchy Red x PKMN Trainer! Reader - Trudge, Trudge, Trudge

Requested by wolfiedahwolf

Well, how do I even begin explaining the situation Glitchy Red and I were in? Hm. How about we cut to the chase? We're lost in the desert. And we have no idea where to go. Glitchy's powers have been kind of screwed up lately, and he's been travelling all over the place unwillingly. This time was very different, however, as we ended up quite literally in the middle of nowhere, in the midst of a very large desert. There was sand as far as the human eye could see, and Glitchy Red's powers stopped working. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try and explain how exactly his powers work.

Whenever he's near any form of electricity, either technology, nature, or otherwise, his powers can work on varying levels. However, if he's far enough away from electricity, his powers cease to work, and they become useless. While we were both Pokémon trainers, and both of us should have been more prepared, Glitchy Red had mistakenly left his entire team back at home. And although I did have an Electric-Type Pokémon, little Joltik was mainly static electricity, and thus, it wouldn't have been enough to get us back home unless it could deliver a bigger electric punch.

"...I blame you for this." I say plainly to Glitchy Red, who merely huffed in response, and kept leading the two of us through the desert. "Look, Y/n, I get that my powers can be a bit out of control sometimes, but you can't blame me for where we end up when I get fucking electro- Aah!" The both of us suddenly fell, and landed in a deep sandpit. I, whom was originally from Unova, knew immediately just what sort of danger we were in. You see, there's this Pokémon called Trapinch, which are well-known for their nests, which are bowl-shaped. They will proceed to wait at the bottom of these nests. What they're waiting for? Prey. They wait for prey to tumble to the bottom, so they can feast on them. And judging by the sheer size of this particular nest, I'd say that there is a bunch of them living here.

"Red, we have to get out of here, now." Of course, the virgin Kantonian was oblivious to the danger we were in. "Why? It's just a pitfall." "Yeah. A pitfall. That belongs to dozens of Trapinch." "Trapinch? The hell is a Trapinch?" "Watch."

And almost as if it were on-command, at least two dozen Trapinch emerged from the ground, large jaws chomping menacingly. Glitchy Red was visibly nervous, and started glancing around the miniature arena for an opening, or exit. Of course, the only possible means of exit would have been to try and climb out, but sand is a powder, and can't be simply grabbed, like how one would grab your arm. So without a warning of any kind, Glitchy Red pinioned me in both his arms, and attempted to run straight up the side of the mound of sand. Of course, he ended up just running in place like a treadmill, then slowly slid back down to the bottom of the wall.

"So much for that idea.." He said defeatedly. Now it was my turn to think of something. In my team currently were Joltik, Frillish, Scrafty, Serperior, Gothorita, and Sigilyph. Wait, Sigilyph. "Wait, I've got it! Let's go, Sigilyph!" Red looked confused until the dual type Psychic/Flying-Type Pokémon appeared mid-air. "...Oh, you smart cookie." Red had muttered. Sigilyph was also confused momentarily, but when it saw the horde of Trapinch biting at our ankles, it lifted Glitchy Red and I into the air, and safely landed us outside of the pit. Once it had done so, it proceeded to use Teleport and get us back home in an instant. I thanked it, then returned Sigilyph to its ball. Once putting its ball into my pocket, Glitchy Red hugged me tightly. Rather surprised, I hugged him back, humoring his sensitivity.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry I ever doubted you," Glitchy Red says, nuzzling my cheek a little, "I'm... Sorry for being arrogant throughout the whole thing." He says, voice drowning in remorse. Nuzzling back, I tell him, "It's okay." Immediately following that with a snarky, but affectionate, "Besides, I knew you couldn't do shit to me." 

.

.

.

"That's it, I'm taking you to the fucking deserted island from last year." "NO, WAIT-"

<<End>>