Blake x Reader /Fluff\ - How To Train Your Typhlosion

Requested by RankerNeon

-

Since a couple of weeks ago, Blake and I have been good friends. His Typhlosion, however, didn't like the idea of us becoming something more, and has always tried to nearly kill me to prevent anything of the sort from happening. And unfortunately, Blake doesn't believe it when I tell him that his Typhlosion keeps on trying to fry me. So, today, while visiting him, I brought a bunch of things that I knew would subdue a Typhlosion. This has to work; or else I might end up as Typhlosion's personal rotisserie. And sure enough, when Blake excused himself to go to the washroom, Typhlosion instantly began to glare at me with envy. I glared back, making sure it knew that I still wasn't going to submit.

Seeing this, Typhlosion growled lowly, as if it wanted me dead. And sure enough, with a blast of flame from its heat sacs, it began to charge me. I quickly dodged out of the way, because the last thing I wanted to happen was Typhlosion killing me, and Blake realising too late that I was indeed right the whole time. I never wanted him to feel any amount of guilt. Particularly if it was over my death. My idea was to keep dodging its attacks until Blake returned. Surely it wouldn't be able to sense his presence if it was distracted with trying to kill me. Attacks flurried towards me, and I somehow managed to completely dodge them with ease. Either I was getting better at dodging, or Typhlosion was getting rusty.

Blake soon returned, and sure enough, Typhlosion was still trying to end my life with as much resolve as ever. That was, until Blake let out a gasp, wherein Typhlosion immediately ceased with its flames, as it had heard him. Blake waddled over on his singular prosthetic leg, and began to scold the volcano Pokémon. It clearly was displeased, and disgruntled. Blake then waddled to me, and gave me a hug with his one arm.

"Y/n, I'm so damn sorry I didn't believe you before.. He's usually well-behaved.. I don't know why he was doing that to you." Blake said, with full remorse over the situation. I gave a hearty laugh before loudly proclaiming, "Bah, it's nothing, Blake. Really, I mean it," I leaned in towards him, "You don't have to worry over me so much, promise!" I offered a calm, and reassuring smile, to which Blake gave a softer smile of his own. "If you insist, Y/n. But, there is something I've been wanting to ask you for a while. It's actually been on my mind since a week after becoming friends with you." I confusedly let Blake lead me upstairs and away from Typhlosion's judging eyes.

When entering the upstairs hall, Blake and I sat on a bench that was in there. It was a bit of an older house, so there was indeed room for the bench to be there. Before I could ask what Blake wanted to tell me, I felt chilly lips upon my own. It took me a few moments before I realised that Blake was kissing me! Once he released me, he then resumed with what I was interrupted by; telling me what he had to say.

"Y/n, for 7 weeks, I've had feelings for you. I know that Typhlosion might have shaken the chances a little, but I just couldn't resist taking time to practice this confession, word for word, until I had perfected it. I don't want to lose you, and I don't want you to leave me either," Blake took a short pause once he realised that he was beginning to get louder, "...Do you accept my confession?"

{Platonic Ending}

"...I'm sorry, Blake, but.. no. I like you and all, but I'm sad to say that I don't have any romantic feelings towards you. We can still stay as friends, though. But if that isn't okay, then, I could leave now."

Blake, seemingly disappointed in himself, let out a short-lived sigh in order to compose himself. Then he took a slight pause before he spoke. "No, no. It's fine. I don't mind staying friends with you, and you don't have to leave," He leaned his back against the wall, "but I can't say that things won't be awkward for a little while." We both let out short chuckles when he said that.

I'm sorry, Blake. It isn't personal.

{Romantic Ending]

"...Holy hell! Of course I do, Blake! I've been waiting for this moment for ages!" Blake seemed surprised at my sudden positive outburst, as he blinked in surprise, choking on words that were stuck in the back of his throat. It took him a moment, but he eventually regained his composure, and smiled. "You have?" "Yeah!" "For how long, exactly?" "The same amount of time as you've had feelings for me!"

Blake was starstruck. He couldn't believe it. Me, his crush, liking him back seemed like a whole miracle to him. Wrapping my arms around him in a hug, I gave him a big kiss on the cheek. To this, his face flushed a bright pink. He then returned the favour, albeit he lessened the passion in his kiss.

"I... I love you, Y/n." "I love you too, Blake!"

What a beautiful night.

Oh, yeah. Typhlosion heard everything, and was quite displeased with our romance.

<<End>>