Dawn x Reader /Fluff\ - Shiny

Requested by SophiandJane 

-

If there's one thing about me you should know, it's that I'm practically a corvid. I love anything that shines. And I mean ANYTHING. From needles, to pins, and especially coins. I love coins the most, because they can shine really brightly. Back at home, I have a bunch of places for the shiny things I find. My mom isn't too fond of me hoarding everything that shines, but as long as I didn't overfill the entire house with shiny things, I'd be fine. I try to keep this fact from other people nowadays, because this habit of mine had started when I was 5, and when kids at preschool found out, I was bullied to the point of having to switch schools. And since then, I've kept it a secret from everyone.

Currently, I was walking through a forest trail somewhat close to the city. Since people tend to selfishly litter, I like to walk through the area once a week, 4:54 PM, to scavenge through the trash to see if I could find anything shiny. I usually end up successful in these little scavenges of mine. And today seldom differed, since I actually found much more shiny stuff than usual. Picking up all sorts of coins and buttons, bobby pins and sewing needles, I quickly gathered my findings and was about to head back home, when I noticed someone staring right at me. Awkwardly beginning to leave, I walked past the oddly-dressed girl. Of course, she gently grabbed me by the shoulder when I tried to, stopping me.

"Uh, can I help you?" "Yeah, you can. Why, pray tell, are you digging through literal garbage?" "Because." "Because?" "Just because." The young girl looked confused for a moment. "Okay.. Well, I'm Dawn." "Y/n." "...Right." Wanting to finally stop the conversation, I walked away hurriedly.

.

[Dawn's POV]

That... was odd. I've never seen that person before in my life. Not only that, but... they were so strange.. I wonder...

[Your POV]

Now that it was Thursday again, and 4:54 PM, I was going back to the trash pile. And I found ten times as many shiny things as last time! It was amazing! I've never seen so much shiny in my life. I was too distracted by the shiny trash I found to notice the figure walking up behind me.

"I knew it!" Startled from the sudden yell, I nearly dropped all the shiny stuff I had collected. "Oi, what's the big idea scaring me like that?!" "I knew you were after anything shiny! Are you secretly a raven?" "No! It's just a habit I picked up, you dolt!" "Dolt!?" We started to glare at eachother, gazing deeply into eachother's eyes with a slight amount of annoyance. We stayed this way for an embarrassing amount of time. 12 minutes and 23 seconds to be exact. We just kept staring. Staring. And staring again. Neither one of us was planning on looking away, blinking, or giving up on the now newly formed staring contest. We were so focused on staring, we partially forgot what we were even upset about in the first place.

"...What was this over again?" "I- I don't know." "Shit." Nevermind, we had completely forgotten. "So Dawn, was it? Why are you here?" "I wanted to test a theory that ended up being true after all." "Theory in question?" "If you really were here just to find things that shined." "Oh. Well. I am. Happens once a week, this day, this time. It's actually part of my schedule." "Really?" "Yep."

And it got awkward again. We both went silent. "...Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, find shinies, bye!" And before Dawn could get a response out, I ran off, and went straight home.

The next week I went out again, only to find a trail of shiny things. Despite the imminent danger behind a path of things you like, I followed it, picking up each of the things along the way. "Button, pin, metal, plastic." I muttered quietly, naming each of the things that I picked up. "Car, key, coin." I then bumped into someone. "Uh.. Legs."

"Hi, Y/n!" "*Sigh* Hi, Dawn..." "Nice seeing you again! I wonder who put all of that shiny stuff, just lying on the ground!" "....It was y-" "Yeah, it was me." Figures. She was trying to bait me. "..." "..." We both kept silent, with Dawn standing upright, and me squatting on the ground. And we just kept dead quiet.

"Hey, look Y/n. I just- ... I wanted to tell you something." "Yeah?" "I-... I like you. A lot. One might even say I... ...Love you." "Oh. ...Okay." "Wait, you're not mad?" "...No? Why would I be?" "...Nevermind."

I stood back up, and hugged her. Seemingly shocked, Dawn took a moment before hugging back. She smelled nice, to be completely honest with myself. Sighing contentedly, I nuzzled the top of her head, to which I could hear her face heat up, it was that bad. Letting out a small chuckle, I took one of the pins from before, and put it in her hat.

"You're the only one allowed to touch my shiny stuff. Got it?"

<<End>>