Silver x Reader /Fluff\ - Quiet Lullaby

Requested by hman2009 & KnifeInMyHand2 

Ps, since one of you wanted the platonic / romantic double ending, and the other wanted just platonic, I thought to myself 'hey, might as well do both at the same time'. So, here you go.

Also to the people wanting Steven and Mike, please clarify what freaking version you want, be it past or present; I'm losing my mind over attempting to figure out which version of them you want-

-

The eerie, damp, and dark secret path in the forest was.. something else entirely. If Ilex forest wasn't spooky enough, wait until you yourself find the secret path I just did. It was darker than most of the forest already was, and it was also inherently foggy, and damp. It was more of a swamp than part of the forest. Amidst the mist, I faintly saw a head of red, slightly feminine hair. The rest of the mysterious figure faded through the mist, and revealed long blue jeans, and a deeper blue jacket. Odd. Gold often spoke with me about someone he knew with red hair. But that was long before he went missing. I'm still not sure about his whereabouts, or why he ever left in the first place. However, I do remember him giving me the name of this rude rival. Silver, I think it was. "Silver" was still facing the water, with Feraligatr by his side, unmoving. Still. Frozen. You would've thought it was a statue if not for the quiet snoring emanating from it.

"..." "..." Neither of us spoke for a little while. I don't think he even noticed me, or knew that I was there. Quietly stepping over, I gave him a soft tap on the shoulder. "Are you Silver?" I noticed him turn his head ever-so-slightly, then nod. Odd, considering that Gold said that, while rude and secluded, Silver was pretty talkative. Curious as to what the rest of him look like, I tried to go around him, and see his face. However, Silver turned his body unanimously to mine, and kept the front side of his head hidden from me. "Are you.. Upset about something?" I asked, concern lacing my voice. Silver shook his head. Now I was even more confused. First, he's hardly talking, and now he won't let me see what he looks like.

I took a slight pause before speaking. "You know I won't judge you or anything, right?" When I asked this, Silver's arm quivered slightly, almost like he was afraid I was lying. In an attempt to comfort him, I put a gentle hand on his shoulder. I felt his shoulders loosen, to which I smiled softly. I heard him hum in content, but it sounded ... muffled. Like something was covering his mouth. But aside from that, his voice still sounded very smooth. It was velvety, and if it weren't muffled, it would have the capacity to make you melt in an instant.

Having seemingly gathered enough courage to do so, Silver turned his head to face me. While I had been silently waiting to see a handsome, young face, I was greeted with... Nothing. No mouth, no nose, and there was a deep, vantablack shadow covering where his eyes should have been. Keeping up on my promise, I never once judged his appearance. Although I can't lie, and I'll say that I did feel mild confusion for just a mere moment.

Despite how perfect this moment could have been, the gargantuan Feraligatr had begun to wake up. Despite having no face to express it, Silver was pretty clear on the fact that he was afraid this would happen. Turning his head from Feraligatr to me, I didn't need any warnings. I ran off, and hid somewhere where Feraligatr wouldn't find me. But the Big Jaw Pokémon didn't get the chance to start searching when it woke up. That was because Silver turned to it, and, although muffled, had started to sing to it softly. Or at least hum a melody, considering his condition.

Sooner rather than later, the Pokémon had fallen asleep, and I quietly returned to Silver. After all the events that had transpired in the last 15 or so minutes, I...

{Platonic Ending}

...I felt neutral towards him. Don't get me wrong, It's not like this was for his face and appearance, I simply didn't feel a spark with him. I decided to keep all that to myself, and sit at the water's edge with Silver, whom, out of needing a bit of comfort after Feralitgatr's awakening, held my hand tenderly. I felt a bit bad for him, so I decided that I would also try and visit as often as I could. But when I came back the next day, Silver was nowhere in sight, as well as his Feraligatr.

I still miss him, and wonder where he went.

[Romantic Ending}

...I like him. More than like, love. More than love, adore. Although there was the slightly cold introductions, he's been nothing but kind to me. He protected me, and wanted to be my friend. To repay him for his kindness towards me, I wanted to give him something more. So, sitting beside him close to the water, I give him a peck on the cheek. Clearly he was surprised, as he jumped slightly, but relaxed seconds later. Unable to kiss with no mouth, Silver simply nuzzled my cheek in return. "I love you, Silver.." I stated calmly. Silver seemed to smile at me as he gestured with his hands by pointing at himself, then creating a heart with his fingers, the pointing at me. Understanding clearly what he said, I hugged him tightly.

I'm still happy, and he patiently waits for me every day.

<<End>>