9 . Past

My uncle voice kept ringing in my ear DEW! DEW! DEW as I saw rage. That idiotic son of a nobody, an old fool who feels he is untouchable,  I now understood why I am in this mission and showing my two identity to someone outside our family. I felt cold and didn't realise that my uncle was calling my name until he slapped me. I slowly looked at him and asked him what time is the meeting and he said 12am and I asked what I ll be pulling off and he said Nira. I asked for permission to leave, as I rush out of the mansion to my safe heaven which is my two bedroom apartment. On reaching my house,  I realised that I have 5 hours before my shift starts In the restaurant, I called Vivian who works evening shift to fill in for me while I take her evening shift, I needed my sleep and to finish that file as the name has peak up my Interest. When Vivian agreed, I was grateful. Yeah Vivian is my colleague in the restaurant where i work and the only person that know what my voice sound like, I helped her out with some bills when she was at her lowest and since then, she felt indebted to me, even when I told her not to. She always come through for me and I don't take it for granted as I make sure to work her shift and mine when she needs break. But it was more for me .I went into my master bed room, switched the light and slept off.

I found myself laughing and playing with my mum while daddy build tree house for Campbell and candela. The atmosphere was so beautiful and I was the happiest as I would soon go to college to study psychology,  along with my big fat account mum will.hand over, I can't wait to go shopping with nelly and we will pick clothes for parties during college. As me and mum was dancing salsa, we heard our dad cause in Spanish and we realise that the call wasn't a good one. He asked the twins to continue and he came and told mum he needs to go handle business, he kissed me and ask me to take care of my mum and the twins, I shouted ok. I noticed mum eyes where full of unshaven tears but when I wanted to ask, she brushed it off. I knew my dad nature of job and even though he kept us out, mummy made me learn how to protect myself. Due to the call, we left the garden to enter the house, men where running like ants relocating while mum asked us to go upstairs for the night. Later, I hear sound of voices and soon shout followed and I rushed down stairs to find my mum crying and my uncle holding him, I saw all my dad's men along with few of uncle Mike's men looking angry and fuming, i tried looking for my dad and i didnt see him, i shouted where is my dad?. I rushed to my mum and she looked at me with tears and sadness in her eyes, that was when I realised that my dad was dead and gone.

After uncle Mike talked with my mum, he left and so many men stay guarded in our home,  mum took me to her room and said, my Queenbee, I want you to be strong, I don't want you to talk but act, I don't want you to be like me, just talking, I want u to act, to fight and never look back, DEW had destroyed us when we least expected, do the same with silence. I wasn't happy cos I felt mum will be around much, but she made me promise her and after I lie down with her. In the morning,  uncle Mike rushed into our room shouting my name and I woke up, trying to recall where I was, my uncle rushed in and hugged me. I was still confused as I turned to wake my mummy but I got cold and felt dead when I saw my mum nose bleeding and stone dead and I shouted. I was screaming till I woke up.

Another dream of My past. I checked the time and it was 5.00pm and I had just 40 minutes to get ready and go take up Vivian shift, I rushed and washed my face, untangle my hair with my hand while walking to my car. I got in and drive to the restaurant which was 30 minutes drive if there is no mad traffic, but unfortunately,  there will be as offices and workers will be closing and rushing to get home. After driving like a manic, I got to five star restaurant at 5. 55pm and rushed in to the staff room to get dress and join them in the kitchen. Yeah I only help there and serve cos I don't like talking.