CHAPTER 3: Part 3 - Troublesome Trio (And A Certain Spider)

The Voice Of Susie Campbell

Everything feels like it's coming apart.

When I walked into the recording booth today, Sammy was there with that... Allison.

Apparently, I didn't get the memo.

Edgar will now be voiced by Miss Allison Pendle.

A part of me died when he said that.

There's got to be a way to fix this!

-------------------------------------

Stumbling up from the floor, Henry avoided the shards of glass on the ground as he left the room.

Well, now I know that Edgar's still out there, and he seems to be somewhat sane. Barley's gonna like that, at least.

After walking down a few hallways, he soon came to a fork in the road.

Before him was....an oddly placed signpost. What the hell is this doing here?

"'DEMON' and 'ANGEL'......" He read the scrawled letters aloud. 

Charley sure is associated with a bunch of demon shit. Reminds me of that old concept...

He stood there for a good few minutes, pondering which side to take, wondering if it would have any effect on anything, before finally settling on the Demon side.

As he walked towards it, he heard a loud bang as a steel door shut on the other side. ...Guess I can't change my mind. he thought to himself, turning back around to the area that lay ahead.

The entire room was flooded with ink, dripping from the ceiling and walls, and pooling into a black sea on the floor. A few objects floated in the dark sludge. The only thing in the room not drowning in the stuff was a single tape player, lying upon a box.

Henry looked down at his own clothes. It was impossible to see any other color besides a shade of sepia and black, but he knew well that his once blue button-down was blotched dark, ink was running up his pant legs, and his once-brown shoes were coated black. "It's not like I don't need new clothes anyways." He said to himself, as he waded into the dark liquid and pressed play on the tape recorder.

-

-

-

---------------------------------------

The Voice Of Joey Drew

There's nothing wrong with dreaming. Wishing for the impossible is just human nature!

That's how I got started. Just a pencil and a dream!

We all want everything without even having to lift a finger.

They say you just have to believe.

Belief can make you succeed.

Belief can make you rich.

Belief can make you powerful.

Why with enough belief, you can even cheat death itself!

Now that... is a beautiful, and positively silly thought.

---------------------------------------

Henry balled his hand into a fist. 

"You know, Joey. I had belief, too. 

I believed you, and that stupid fucking letter. I believed you way back in 192-something when you said 'let's make a cartoon' and I didn't see my family for weeks.