CHAPTER 4: Part 5 - Colossal Wonders, Colossal Blunders

The Voice Of Joey Drew

I believe there's something special in all of us. With true inner strength, you can conquer even your biggest challenges.

You just have to believe in yourself and remain honest, motivated, and above all, who you really are.....

....Ok, let's stop it right there. I can only do so many takes of this trash a day.

Hey, and tell the guys in writing I want more use of the word 'dreaming' in every message. Keep railing on that, get it?

"Dreaming! Dreaming! Dreaming!" People just eat up that kind of slop.

Hmm, what? It's still on?

Well, turn it off, damn it!

----------------------------------

Henry sat himself next to the ball toss as he took a short break in the warehouse. No harm in one, after all.

Stretching his arms and his back, he let his mind wander a bit. What's Barley doing all this time that I'm gone? He must be...what if.....?

His mind soon pictured something as cartoonish as what he used to work on, right down to the monochromatic colors. He imagined Barley in a magician's box with his normally anxious expression—Wasn't that a cartoon? I think I saw a poster for that—as Edgar came along with a saw and a comically evil grin as he sawed him into two, moving the pieces of the box apart to reveal two dark halves of Barley's body leaking dark ink.

Yeah right, that's stupid. He's doing far worse to him...I need to hurry up.

Standing up, Henry rushed his way to the next room.

-

-

-

-------------------------------------

Henry soon stopped at the lifeless body of a Herald, standing and examining it for a moment.

With the stiff way its body was twisted and its bones shatter, it appeared to be flung across the room somehow. But...by what?

Turning around to the room before him, he soon found himself frozen in place as he stared in awe at the contraption before him.

It was a gigantic octopus ride, the center covered with windows shut tight and swirling painted patterns, scratched and faded with time. Long, crane-like arms sprouted from it, ending in 8 carts that seemed to be a cross between roller coaster carts and chariots on a carousel on each end. Henry flashed back to the blueprints from before, knowing he had seen it somewhere in that room.

He couldn't help but gaze up and marvel at the mechanical wonder lying before him. It's....it's amazing. Joey, how...how did you do this...?

As he stepped closer to get a better look at the gigantic attraction before him, he soon lurched back as the lights adorning the base and arms flickered on, the machine spinning itself to life.

A booming voice soon echoed from the embedded speakers that Henry presumed once played music, as he could hear the faintest fizzle of it in the background noise.

"The biggest park ever built, a centerfold of attractions.

Each one more grand than the one before it.

It makes my eyes come to tears at the thought.

But then...oh, Mister Drew. For all your talk of dreams, you are the true architect behind so many nightmares.